Find
Notify
Tools

Sunset on botswana DVD complete
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted
Well folks , there are few people in the industry that haven’t followed , with great sadness I might add the looming disaster with Botswana – a country that truly is the land of the giants where elephants are concerned …

The closure of hunting has indeed affected many many lives on the ground, yet none will be more adversely affected than the elephants and other wildlife that call Botswana home.

In conjunction with Johan Calitz we have put together a documentary chronicling the glorious past, and regrettable closure of this great hunting land. It’s the last video that we will be able to make of its kind documenting some of the last hunts for elephant in this amazing country …indeed I have stood for the last time in Botswana in front of a trophy elephant with a double in my hands. This has been a very emotional production for myself and Johan Calitz , and one that I hope will display our passion and the emotional attachment to not only the elephants, but to the country of Botswana and its wildlife as a whole …

The dvd has just shipped today and is available for sale on www.safariclassics.net -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGj4FBbLb3g

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, ordered.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Very sad indeed - will the DVD be available for sale at DSC?

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ORDERED YESTERDAY!
I HAVE HUNTED ELEPHANT TWICE IN BOTSWANA AND FIND THE WHOLE SITUATION AND LACK OF LOGIC EXTREMLEY SAD!
MARK

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sad indeed...a place I would've hoped to visit.

I look forward to ordering a copy soon!

Thanks for the announcement I'm sure it will be incredible.

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A sad chapter in hunting history. I ordered mine today. I look forward to meeting you Ivan at SCI this year. Thank you for your great productions.

Posts: 309 | Location: WV | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan,

Didn't see the DVD available on the website. Would just buy one at DSC, but I'm set for trial that week and not likely to make it.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought it & Across The Dark Continent.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Getting one. Winter is here, let the movie season begin
Too bad I wasn't able to hunt ele in Botswana, wanted to but couldn't put enough money together

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote