Find
Notify
Tools

Reggie Destro And Robin Hurt
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

This story is related in Robin Hurt's book; HUNTING THE BIG FIVE.

REggie and Robin were both hunting with clients on adjacent hunting blocks in the early severies by the Tana River.

Robin was with his client looking for elephants, when they came across Reggie - in THEIR block! - with a pair of rusks over 80 pounds each, his client had shot that morning in their block.

"Hello Robin", he greeted them nonchalantly. "What a nice winch you have on your car; where did you get it?"

Robin had the wind taken out of his sail with that remark, but hsi client was not too happy about the elephant.

To cheer them up, Robin said to REggie: "Perhaps we will visit your camp tomorrow; how about for some lunch? And on teh way, if I see a good elephant in your block, can I shoot it?"

"Fine" responded Reggie, never expecting that Robin would take him up on it.

The next day, Robin and his client were following a dozen bulls, which eventually crossed into Reggies block. The followed them and shot one, with 102/99 pounds!

They drove straight to Reggie's camp, and parked the truck by by the mess tent. At lunch, Robin said "Very nice crockery, where did you get it?"

Reggie became suspicious, got up and went to their truck. He found the tusks, and came back.

"You bugger" he said to Robin "But I deserve it"

They remained friends.

Posts: 67005 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Keep 'em coming Saeed, this is as close as I'll ever get to hunting elephants!

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
It is also about as close as anyone is going to get these days to 102 and 99 lbs. of ivory!

Posts: 19317 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those of you who know Robin, doesn't that sound just like him!

Will, I'll predict a hundred pounder sometime in the next 4 years.
Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote