New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom 416 Rem
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Some of you asked me to post pictures of the .416 Rem I was building and posted when it was partially finished...It is finished and pictures are posted in the classified...I am building a 404 and a 10.75x68 as we speak, I will sell two of them and keep one however it works out...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray, Is this FN action an early model with the single C cut?????

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is a double cut..I can't find the single C cut FNs anymore, but there really isn't that much difference IMO unless you intend to use them with a STW, Wby or some intense caliber, which I am not going to do with any FN or Mauser...As long as I stay with the 375, 416, 10.75, and 404, even the 458 Lott, I have not had any problems what so ever..I know of a couple of single C rings that developed headspace with the STW, but they were both openned up completely in front. Not a good practice...

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Ray,
That is one fine rifle you've built. I agree with others who have said you missed your calling! I look forward to seeing pix of the .404 and the 10.75 since I already own a couple of .416s!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bwanamrm,
The 404 is going to have a fancier piece of dark fiddle back Turkish wood, drop box with all the bells and whistles..

The 10.75x58 will have a copied Holland and Holland stock, skinny short, thin and as trim as a Paris model..It should by all rights kick like hell, however that Holland designed as skinny as it is just sucks up recoil..It will be a light handy iron sighted (ghost peep) wall around rifle with a 350 Bridger Fn solid at 2300 plus, and a 400 gr. Woodleigh or 380 gr. Northfork at 2150 FPS...that should surfice for anything that walks, talks, breaths, or crawls...

And of course thanks to all for the kind words.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Ray, if I didn't have two .416s already, I'd be sorely tempted . . .

Like you, I do love the British stocks.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13663 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote