Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia 2016
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi everyone,

Looking at a plainsgame hunt in which a friend and myself will hunt and our wives will be along for the adventure as well.

Looking for recommendations for an outfitter that has freerange hunting for gemsbok, eland, kudu, warthog mainly and maybe a few of the little guys.

Doesn't need to be 5 star accommodation but a 5 star hunting experience is what we are after.

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are many quality places but contact Greg Brownlee here who represents Westfalen... Mainly because you said free range, they have a huge area at a fantastic price point that not only is good for the wives,but has great Gemsbuck, Kudu etc there and you are close to Estosha for a potential day trip

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 for Westfalen. My wife, myself and my parents went there last year and had a great trip. Comfortable, clean, great food, and they only take one group at a time, so it is just you.

A day trip to Etosha is worth it.

I would suggest 10 days minimum. You won't get bored and you get more opportunities. There are a lot of animals there, but it is hunting so you need the time to get a shot.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Vieranas Safaris, they in the same area as Westfallen.

http://vieranasbowhunt.com/

Roger posts on this website as nampom.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't recommend Shona Hunting Adventures highly enough. My wife and I did our honeymoon with Johann and Vera. We were able to spend some time in Swakopmund and Etosha and I managed some hunting time for kudu and mountain zebra at their main lodge in damaraland. Johann's main lodge is on a large piece of property which is completely free range. Eland were not available at the main lodge but I'm sure he could get them for you.

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching". - John Wooden

posted Hide Post
One of my best buddies in the world...Andre Viljoen. He hunts just about anywhere and had a PH school so he has lots of students who have places to hunt.

www.besthunt.co.za

Tell him Casey sent you.

Zinfandel and Backstraps!

Posts: 13 | Location: Mendocino County CA | Registered: 07 May 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Antonie Louw - Makalaan Safaris

Great guy and hunter.

Posts: 662 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would definately offer up a recommendation for my friends with Omujeve Safaris for a quality hunt, either PG or DG. You will arrive a client , and depart a life-long friend after having a great hunting experience. The hunting is good, the food wonderful, and your wives will truly have a great time.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 35whelenman
posted Hide Post
My wife and I hunted Namibia for kudu, gemsbok and mountain zebra last year with Jan Westdyk of African Rosettes (http://www.africanrosette.com/namibia.html)

We had a fantastic time and coupled it with a week in Etosha national park, which I would also recommend visiting.

Posts: 162 | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jan Olefse Safaris. His dad pioneered the blame game capture techniques and did all the animal training for the movie Hatari . He passed on a couple of years ago but his son runs the place now and it is an amazing place.

It is very close to Etosha for an easy day trip as well.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark R:
Hi everyone,

Looking at a plainsgame hunt in which a friend and myself will hunt and our wives will be along for the adventure as well.

Looking for recommendations for an outfitter that has freerange hunting for gemsbok, eland, kudu, warthog mainly and maybe a few of the little guys.

Doesn't need to be 5 star accommodation but a 5 star hunting experience is what we are after.

Cheers,
Mark.

If you don't find anything suitable, send me a PM.

Posts: 194 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PAGuardian:
I can't recommend Shona Hunting Adventures highly enough. My wife and I did our honeymoon with Johann and Vera. We were able to spend some time in Swakopmund and Etosha and I managed some hunting time for kudu and mountain zebra at their main lodge in damaraland. Johann's main lodge is on a large piece of property which is completely free
range. Eland were not available at the main lodge but I'm sure he could get them for you.

+1 on Shona great people to hunt with

Member NRA, NFA,CSSA,DSC,SCI,AFGA

Posts: 266 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
email sent you old bugger Cool

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by farbedo:
+1 for Westfalen. My wife, myself and my parents went there last year and had a great trip. Comfortable, clean, great food, and they only take one group at a time, so it is just you.

Fabulous area...fabulous people! I hunted with them in 2011 and can't wait to get back. There is wonderful hunting there and Greg is a very professional agent.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Another big GO for Shona Hunting Adventueres and Johann and Vera Veldsman and their unique and magigc Tualuka property.

http://shona-adventures.com/contact-us/

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhaba:
email sent you old bugger Cool

Ok Jonno,

Looking at what you sent tu2

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did a extensive hunt report on my first plains game safari. I would highly recommend Omujeve. I researched and followed things here on AR for 4 years before I went. When I go again I will go back with Omujeve. Food and lodgings were 5 star and I ended up shooting twice as many animals as I was after. The way the treated my 12 year old son Tyler and my wife Rachel was probably the best part. We still communicate via email and facebook two years later with the folks from Omujeve. Perfect in every way.

Posts: 65 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 15 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHWine_1:
One of my best buddies in the world...Andre Viljoen. He hunts just about anywhere and had a PH school so he has lots of students who have places to hunt.

www.besthunt.co.za

Tell him Casey sent you.

Andre definitely has lots of contacts. He'd be on my short list.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Decision made and deposit booked with Kowas Safaris. Looking forward to May 2016. Thanks for all the input.

Cheers,
Mark.