New
Find
Notify
Tools

Afrika
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
May all of you who visit us shoot straight and enjoy your hunting! And all 404jeff users good year and it is the best!

Posts: 74 | Location: Vaal Triangle, Rep of South Afrika | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why the "k"? Is that some sort of political code or revolutionary sentiment as it used to be in "Amerika"?

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Afrika is boer'ish. Being from there gives him higher ground than 'n buitelander as jou. Be nice and you'll get better advice here.

2 cents

Posts: 4882 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Perhaps offering the etymology of the 'c' version first will inspire 303 to offer the etymology of the 'k' version.

My guess is because he speaks Afrikaans and not Africaans.

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Its Amerika and Afrika in Swedish also, nothing political about it Big Grin

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Originally adopted from the German language during and after their occupation in those sub-Saharan areas?

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Damn ! There are a lot of horses round here that must be close to thirty hands plus !

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[quote]Why the "k"? Is that some sort of political code or revolutionary sentiment as it used to be in "Amerika"?

Actually it is a secret code for all us whiteys to take up arms. We engineered it along with Hitler and the Easter Bunny.
Big foot will deliver the coup de grace.

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by African Hunters Quest:
[quote]Why the "k"? Is that some sort of political code or revolutionary sentiment as it used to be in "Amerika"?

Actually it is a secret code for all us whiteys to take up arms. We engineered it along with Hitler and the Easter Bunny.

jumping yuck jumping tu2

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by African Hunters Quest:

serious ou, serious ! yuck jumping

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck ya vol heir capeeitan jumping

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or in Pork and Cheese (Portuguese)you could call it Afrique!

Posts: 581 | Location: Cheney, KS or Africa Somewhere | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pasop!!
H.K.G.K.

Fritz Rabe
Askari Adventures & Fritz Rabe Bow-hunting

Posts: 217 | Location: Musina South Africa | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fritz now you got them!
I always wonder why the English say k for c?

Posts: 74 | Location: Vaal Triangle, Rep of South Afrika | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
yuck ya vol heir capeeitan jumping

If that is supposed to be German, you had better take care, some retired SS dude could be looking for you.
303epps, hey don't push it when we looking after your six. Cool

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 303epps:

Quite simple really....... It's because we invented the language and made the rules and then we lent it to our colonies for them to bastardise in their own particular ways. Wink rotflmo

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
quote:

Quite simple really....... It's because we invented the language, made the rules, set the standards and then we lent it to our colonies for them to bastardise in their own particular ways. Wink rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shakari luckely the Enghlish had to learn to speak propeley in Afrika words like koppie, sloot and koffie!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is so ironic we wish you good hunting and you respond so negative, wat if Afrika close to you?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fritz now you got them!

I am much better in Fanagalo and Sotho than I ever was in English. I learned that there is British English and American English and then there is our English.

Our English have words like - kak, bliksem, donner and fok that makes total cense to me but it does not to the other English speaking nations.

I also learned that it is because us Boere screw everything up for the rest so as to suit us better. That is because the colonies did not work and they introduced us to the game of Rugby.

That is my explanation.
lol

Fritz Rabe

Posts: 217 | Location: Musina South Africa | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Fritz....... OK. I'll admit we should never have taught you blokes how to play rugby........ you're far too good at it now for OUR own good! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the best word we give the English languge is " Lekker"

One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fritz....... OK. I'll admit we should never have taught you blokes how to play rugby........ you're far too good at it now for OUR own good! rotflmo

I dont know about that Steve, I know a team that generally can give them a lesson or two, unless we let them cook for us that is. Cool Cool Cool

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2693 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought it was 'nekkid'...damn, you learn something new every day!! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Von Gruff:
quote:

I dont know about that Steve, I know a team that generally can give them a lesson or two, unless we let them cook for us that is. Cool Cool Cool

Von Gruff.

Hey!!!
Whatch it!! You guys bribed the ref and the TV rev and our coach and our minister of sport so that mr. Mc Caw can hold that cup.

Wait for the new season and we shall talk again.

Fritz Rabe

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
No need to bribe the refs...... they're all deaf, dumb, blind and (rather like the SA team Wink) completely ignorant of the rules. Confused

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Meaning???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scriptus,
i an't worried about the SS or anyone else as long as I have Rhordie's for friends. Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forget the rugby we boere show how it should be played! But it is the hunting that we give to the world!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Americans could only put deer, elk or turky on the table, we could enjoy steenbok, duiker, springbok. rooibok, koedoe, blouwlebees, swartwilebees an all the species!

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post

What does the word "lekker" mean? Splendid or wonderful or outstanding or very good or something like that???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No need to bribe the refs...... they're all deaf, dumb, blind and (rather like the SA team Wink) completely ignorant of the rules. Confused

There is a saying - Don't brake the rules. Just bend it.

We got that part from Sean Fitzpatrick and just perfected it. So don't be jealous. dancing

Fritz Rabe

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I reckon SA are one of the very best teams in the world but that IF they played by the rules, they'd be THE best team in the world..... Skulk Burger (sp?) (IMO) is a good example. He could/should have been brilliant but instead is/was an accident just waiting to happen...... one day, he'll put someone in a wheelchair......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 03 January 2012 22:59 Hide Post

What does the word "lekker" mean? Splendid or wonderful or outstanding or very good or something like that???

It is the second code for in-case things go nasty.
The double K refers to picking up of two arms and taking out only political targets.

Much wounding will ensue, several dangerous follow ups will need to be made at close quarters.
They will not be allowed to "choose how they die".

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ledvm, it s all the feelings you say in one word!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Quite simple really....... It's because we invented the language and made the rules and then we lent it to our colonies for them to bastardise in their own particular ways.

Quite simple
simple: ORIGIN: from Old French, from Latin simplus.

really.......
really: ORIGIN late 15th cent.: via French from medieval Latin realitas, from late Latin realis ‘relating to things’ (see real)

It's because
because: ORIGIN: from the phrase by cause, influenced by Old French par cause de ‘by reason of.’

we invented
invent: ORIGIN late 15th cent. (in the sense [find out, discover] ): via French, from Latin invent- ‘contrived, discovered,’ from the verb invenire, from in- ‘into’ + venire ‘come.’

the language
language: ORIGIN: from Old French langage, based on Latin lingua ‘tongue.’

and
and: ORIGIN from Latin gerundive ending -andus.

made the rules
rule: ORIGIN: from Old French reule (noun), reuler (verb), from late Latin regulare, from Latin regula ‘straight stick.’

and then we lent it to our colonies
colonies: ORIGIN: from Latin colonia ‘settlement, farm,’ from colonus ‘settler, farmer,’ from colere ‘cultivate.’

for them to bastardise
bastard: ORIGIN: via Old French from medieval Latin bastardus.

in their own particular
particular: ORIGIN: from Old French particuler, from Latin particularis ‘concerning a small part,’ from particula ‘small part.’

ways.

Big Grin Wink

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
With apologies to Shakari and Philip A. In reality the whole lot originated from gruntda snoor ehh ggghhhrr gxxhunta snit ?
LEKKER - sweet
LEKKERS - sweets - bob-bon [F]
K K [double K] can also mean serious KAK !
303Epps, man you must do some serious reading. Hunting never originated with the Boere or Afrikaaners. You guys came along a little too late to lay claim to that. Cool

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
You went to alot of trouble there Philip Big Grin

But it doesn't mean much as the POMs and the French are pretty much the same people. Didn't the Normans come from France? sofa

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
You went to alot of trouble there Philip Big Grin

But it doesn't mean much as the POMs and the French are pretty much the same people. Didn't the Normans come from France? sofa

and they were originally taught to speak by succesive Roman Generals and their accompaning cohorts. Cool

One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:

Not quite Bakes. The Normans were "Northmen" = Vikings of one sort or another, who had an influence on the populations of many countries from Russia to Constantinople, broader Europe to Britian and beyond.
The English language has always been the sum of many parts. England was impacted by many cultural and language groups from its first inhabitants through successive waves of imigrants (euphemism for invaders) from the celts to the Romans to the Germanic and Scandinavian boat people to the Norman-French and they all had a marked influence on the language leaving significent imprints that were then further hybridised by isolated dialetic and ideosyncratic differences through to the colonies of later day Britian and the different people groups from those colonies that bought further "colour" to the language. The amazing thing is that people from such diverse parts of the world can make themselves (partially Cool) understood. Bastardised and trampled on by accents that many strugle to hear through, it is still the surest way to comunicate one to another.
(Those with a rugby ball or (hunting) rifle in hand seem to have an easier understandability than other unfortunates) Big Grin Big Grin

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2693 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote