Find
Notify
Tools

Vortrekkers" in Mozambique
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted
With too much time on my hands and too little money in the bank, I searched you tube for info on hunting in Moz. I came across an hour long show about white South Africans who were relocating to Moz to farm, with the help and encouragement of the RSA government (money) and free land from Moz.

The farmers compared themselves to Vortrekkers and seemed pretty happy.

Is this catching on? What does it say for hunting- more areas opened up to settlement? Game farms ala RSA?

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

When I was in Mozambigue in '07 we drove there from Zim and Neil Duckworth told me that quite few displaced Zimbos had taken up farming in Mozambique with encouragement from the Moz government.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
It is not only to Mozambique that this valuable commodity - successful and knowledgeable farmers - are being exported or chased to. Other African countries where majority rule has totally destroyed former colonial times' food security are also eagerly welcoming South African farmers.

This makes me wonder where our illustrious ANC government hopes to get the farming knowledge and skills required to reverse the situation from when their (unpublished and unspoken about, but surely implemented) policy of killing the white farmers and chasing the rest off the land has plunged this country into famine? No doubt they will beg food from the USA and others who assisted against apartheid. The Afrikaans way to express this is: Hulle gaan bakhand staan vir kos by die VSA en ander hulpverleners teen apartheid. The irony is that the ANC will blame the situation on apartheid and not where blame will be due, i.e. on the failure of their implemented policy to “kill the farmers, kill the boers”!

Politics sucks!

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bushwack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew McLaren:
It is not only to Mozambique that this valuable commodity - successful and knowledgeable farmers - are being exported or chased to. Other African countries where majority rule has totally destroyed former colonial times' food security are also eagerly welcoming South African farmers.

This makes me wonder where our illustrious ANC government hopes to get the farming knowledge and skills required to reverse the situation from when their (unpublished and unspoken about, but surely implemented) policy of killing the white farmers and chasing the rest off the land has plunged this country into famine? No doubt they will beg food from the USA and others who assisted against apartheid. The Afrikaans way to express this is: Hulle gaan bakhand staan vir kos by die VSA en ander hulpverleners teen apartheid. The irony is that the ANC will blame the situation on apartheid and not where blame will be due, i.e. on the failure of their implemented policy to “kill the farmers, kill the boers”!

Politics sucks!

Andrew McLaren

+1

Dream it...Discover it...Experience it...

Patrick Reynecke
Outfitter and Professional Hunter
Bushwack Safaris
Box 1736
Rustenburg

North West Province
South Africa
www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
Cell: +27 82 773 4099
Email: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Posts: 291 | Location: North-West Province, South Africa | Registered: 17 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
+2

Andrew has it dead right and I'm told some of the white farmers have also gone to places such as Congo and Angola and I hope they succeed up there.

As for the current anti-white policies of the current RSA Govt..... all I can says is a pox on the lot of 'em....... and the first do-gooder that comes to me and rattles a tin in my face with the plea to help the poor Africans is going to find him/herself with their aforementioned tin shoved right up their arse!

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Both Zim and SA farmers seem to be doing very well in Zambia. Salt of the earth.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9957 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote