Find
Notify
Tools

No more cheap TZ hunts:-(
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
Is it just me or are there absolutely NO hunts in TZ anymore for less than $1,000/day? Frowner killpc If anyone knows of any, PLEASE post info!

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
No, there are not, for all practical purposes. Not even a plainsgame only hunt. Once you add the gov. fees on top of a $700/day 2x1 hunt, still you are looking at $1000/day.

Tanzania aint' cheap. Remember, it is a dangerous game destination and dangerous game is't cheap anywhere. Yes, there are a few guys who may offer plainsgame hunts, but these should be considered specialized collection safaris.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Who would ya'll recommend for a resonable hunt in TZ? It would be mainly for buffalo (at least 2) and some east African plains game. We would want to go for at least 14 days. This will likely be either our 2nd or 3rd safari. We have our first booked for summer '07 in Namibia (14 days). Maybe I'm planning a little too far ahead, but I like to do lots of research on a place before booking. Any suggestions?

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beware of cheap hunts in Tz! or anywhere else Cool

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
14 days in TZ can get pretty pricey no matter who the outfitter is. From the couple of websites I just checked the 14-16 day safaris are more then double what a 10 day safari is in cost.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Because of the premium of taking animals on a 14-day license, a 14-or 16 day hunt will be more expensive (per day) than a 7 or 10-day hunt.

Expect a 14 day hunt to run betwee $18,000 and $20,000 before trophy fees.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote