New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zebra feet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have 4 zebra feet about or under a foot long (cut under elbows). I was orginially going to use them for the legs of a stool with the zebra skin as a backing on the stool. I decided to rather have a zebra rug (thank goodness) and I love the rug. But the legs have been in the freezer for 2 years and I can't decide what to do with them. I do not have any other skins for a stool. Any ideas, please?

Posts: 64 | Location: Lowcountry, SC | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
Use them for lamps. I have some legs made into lamps and they look great.

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of the_captain
posted Hide Post
Simple - the zebra foot gun rack. The four feet will hold your light rifle and heavy rifle as a pair Big Grin

==============================
"I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down" --Fred Durst

Posts: 759 | Location: St Cloud, MN | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
30ott6 and I are both having lamps made. Two legs per lamp. Should be ready next week. I'll let you know how they turned out.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
Dogs would love them..

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
I love the zebra foot gun rack. I may do the same thing . . . I hope!

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Took a Mrs. Hartman's mountain zebra so I wanted the rug all the way down to the hoofs. The taxidermist made the hoofs into pencil carriers by putting a block of wood drilled out to take six pencils on a 45 degree angle to the hoof which, itself, sits flat on a table. Nice
Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote