THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    SAVE NATURE CONSERVANCY - BUFFALO HUNT

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAVE NATURE CONSERVANCY - BUFFALO HUNT
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have 2 buffalo hunts available in the Save Conservancy for this year. Hunt needS to take place in July or November/December. 100% success in the past 4 years. Excellent camp for observer and chance to see the Big Five while on 10 day buffalo hunt. Can do 2x1 @ $750 per hunter. Trophy fee $2000. Most soft skin species available as well.

Africa Hunting Safaris, Inc.

RON OLIVER
830-336--3345
234 W. Bandera Rd 310
Boerne, TX 78006
www.Africahs@aol.com
www.Africahs.com

Posts: 76 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
You are new here. Just pop in to sell somethng? bewildered

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gator,

Please do a web search on Ron Oliver. IMHO outfitters don't get much better.

Respectfully;
Brett

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know Ron. He runs a good operation. I hunt in Save Conservancy and the buff hunting is exceptional. Take it easy on the parinoid rants Gator. You might scare a really good deal away that you could take advantage of one day.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
Sorry. I saw 11 total posts and all are advertisements for something. I didn't realize that the African Forum was for selling your wares.

I thought we had a Classified Section somewhere else? Confused

Gator

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn´t CHEAP this DEAL for ZIM Confused

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smarterthanu:
I know Ron. He runs a good operation. I hunt in Save Conservancy and the buff hunting is exceptional. Take it easy on the parinoid rants Gator. You might scare a really good deal away that you could take advantage of one day.

Saeed does not seem to mind people advertizing hunts on his website - he does request prices and conditions to be listed for everybody to see (which was not the case on the other version of this post - why two posts about the same subject, maybe just an error?).

It does seem Ron primarily uses this site for advertizement. Pity he does not feel it appropriate to join in the community. That would put a different prospective to his participation. Case in point, this thread: https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1411043/m/708102576

In there, Ron did not seem to feel the need to reply to questions asked about his offer (up until the time of posting this). Even if the answer would have been negative, I would have felt that was just proper manners.

Maybe it is just a matter of time with Ron, but it would be nice if people who hawk their wares also felt the need to engage in the discussion and shared their experience.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have known Ron for a long time and he is a very thorough agent for both rifle and bowhunting, which he does himself so knows what he is talking about. I'm sure we will see some good coments come from him in the future.

Posts: 146 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 06 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Ron Oliver books for Shangaan Hunters, I am certain that this hunt is with them. The PHs are Gordon Duncan and Glenn Stockil. Do a search on these forums and I am sure you we see how great this outfit truly is.
Though I only hunted plains game with them in 2004, I saw many buffalo. Senuko Lodge where the hunter will stay is built ito a kopje and is unbelievably nice. Whoever books these hunts will not be dissappointed!

Posts: 245 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Ads definitely are allowed and I asked Saeed's permission before I advertised anything. Saeed does require that all the details be revealed and I'd like to see Ron post everything as I do when posting an ad. I'm sure there was no desire to be deceptive but I'd like to see more details like gov. tax, dip/pack, road transfers costs, trophy fees for all available animals etc.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
Mark

You are a valuable contributor her. Most of your posts are informative and entertaining and not solicitations.

Ron Oliver has only posted advertisements for his business. I guess that is my question and concern.

Gator

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gator1:
You are new here. Just pop in to sell somethng? bewildered

Gator1 that was certainly a nice ..............WELCOME TO AR!

My question is, what is wrong with selling African hunts on an AFRICAN HUNTING forum? Every one of us here buys these hunts, and the more information brought to our attention, the better, to my way of thinking! Roll Eyes

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buff hunting in the SAVE is great.
They have some very big bulls there.

The plains game hunting is very good as well.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
All of my dealings with Ron have been professional and polite. He does offer some good hunts. I do wish he would contribute some more because he has lots to offer, but I guess that's his choice.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gator1:
Mark

You are a valuable contributor her. Most of your posts are informative and entertaining and not solicitations.

Ron Oliver has only posted advertisements for his business. I guess that is my question and concern.

For many operators in Zim, they only have African Hunter magazine, SCI shows and publications, or outfitters in the US to represent them. This website is a great way to reach African Hunters, and if they are unscrupulous, they will be quickly tarred and feathered right here!!! Ron has a great reputation and my friend Leon DuPlessis thinks highly of him. Until something happens to the contrary, you might look at this as an item ON DISCOUNT, and be thankful it's posted here, rather than suspicous of it..

Just my thoughts..

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess it's time for the ol' man to write a bit.

Ron has handled 4 hunts for me and one on which we leave Tuesday to carry out. I have also hunted with Gordon Duncan, whose name came up in an above post. Wife and I will be with Gordon for about 3 weeks again starting Wed night. Everything either of these men said was "spot on". Organized, good food and good camps. No hidden addons and nickel and dimein' you to the poor house. God willin' and the creeks don't rise we may go again next year for a PAC elephant as the regulars are getting a bit on the wallet lightin' side, if you know what I mean.
Now that said, this is Zimbabwe and not the Tanzania or Kenya I saw in the early '70's, but the people referred to above are "right and fair", no BS or I'd be elsewhere.
I don't know if Ron ever posts anything other than a hunt offer or not and don't care.
Ron spends quite a bit of time each year in Zimbabwe. He has a lot of comtacts in Zim.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good lord Gator you need more time hunting and less time having concerns about an advertisement. Most people aren't so uptight about an honest person trying to earn a dollar. If there are questions you have about Ron's offer just give him a call on a telephone or shoot him an e-mail maybe he'll clear up some concerns for you. Better yet go on his buff hunt he is offering and come back and tell us how good or bad it was. If all you want to do is wine about who is new or who is trying to sell something you might do better getting involved in your home-owners association.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Gordon twice and will return to his Doma concession next year; have met Glen, his cousin, and if anyone wants a good hunt try them. Gordon told me about the two available hunts
and although I enjoy his Doma area, may well try one if they do not get sold before I make up my feeble mind

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:

Saeed does not seem to mind people advertising hunts on his website - he does request prices and conditions to be listed for everybody to see (which was not the case on the other version of this post - why two posts about the same subject, maybe just an error?).

It does seem Ron primarily uses this site for advertisement. Pity he does not feel it appropriate to join in the community. That would put a different prospective to his participation. Case in point, this thread: https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1411043/m/708102576

In there, Ron did not seem to feel the need to reply to questions asked about his offer (up until the time of posting this). Even if the answer would have been negative, I would have felt that was just proper manners.

Maybe it is just a matter of time with Ron, but it would be nice if people who hawk their wares also felt the need to engage in the discussion and shared their experience.

- mike

MHO

That is exactly my point. I'm sorry it seems to have gone so far over the heads of most of the other posters. Frowner

I'm sure he is a wonderful booking agent, loves his dog and buys Girl Scout Cookies from the neighbor girls but I would expect at least one of his posts to be something that contributes to the Forum and doesn't involve him making money selling his wares.

Evidently I am in the minority.

Gator

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If some one buys the hunt Ron will have probably done more to contribute to the happiness of someone on this forum than Gator or even myself ever could. Your sad opinions shouldn't stand in the way of hunters and Ron meeting each other. Your personal "minority" agenda is a diversion to everyone else chasing thier personal African dreams. Once again Mr. Gator I really do hope you get out in the bush soon. I think it will do wonders for your soul.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Gator1 raised a valid point, and, if nothing else, it brought out some valuable support for the agent that certainly did not hurt him!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sure he is a wonderful booking agent, loves his dog and buys Girl Scout Cookies from the neighbor girls but I would expect at least one of his posts to be something that contributes to the Forum and doesn't involve him making money selling his wares.

Why? What difference could it possibly make? If he offers a legitimate, high quality hunt for a competitive price, that IS contributing to the African forum as far as I'm concerned. You won't find a more reputable, straight shooter than Ron Oliver.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2012 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
gator, you are in the minority. people use this forum for info on african hunting and part of that info is about what is on offer at any given time. i could care less whether someone is selling something or not, as long as they are up front about it.on a personal note, i met ron oliver, along with pete shepley(owner of PSE archery co.) at the afton guest house while passing through jo'burg 4 years ago. they were headed to Zambia on an archery lion hunt and i was headed to Tanzania for buff. he seemed like a really nice guy and made no effort to sell me anything. just a nice, well informed guy that i enjoyed having a drink and dinner with.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13392 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
I've talked to Ron on the phone about a Zim hunt for 2008 over the last couple of weeks. I have found him to be professional, personable and not pushy about trying to sell anything to me.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Hunts for sale and especially late season discounted hunts are some of my favorite posts. A guy can learn alot about what is available and get an honest feel for prices. Keep posting Ron!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gator stay in the Glades. I have known and hunted with Ron for 5 years. You can take to the Bank whatever he says.He's almost too helpful to a fault. To say he cares about his clients is an understatement. What else can I say. If what he puts in here helps promote hunting and is beneficial to the readership then let it be.I'm leaving in 9 days on a Ron booked hunt with Leon in the Save.Buffalo with my hammer 577 BPE and leopard plus other assorted game. Can't wait. Keep up the honest work Ron.

Posts: 64 | Location: houston tx | Registered: 30 May 2006Reply With Quote