Find
Notify
Tools

My best Xmas present ever!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
as someone who was diagnosed with non- Hodgkins lymphoma 6 years, i am intimately familiar with what you are going through with the chemo and rest assured my prayers are with you. one thing i have learned is to enjoy every hunting trip like it may be your last. after a second round of chemo 2 years ago i am even more convinced that this is the best way to live life. NEVER EVER TAKE GOOD HEALTH FOR GRANTED!!!!!!! HUNT WHILE YOU CAN.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
465H&H,

This is wonderful news. I too hope your back after eles this summer and carying your double.

Merry Christmas,

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Congrats 465, you can't have a much better present than that.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
465H&H that is wonderful news, heres wishing you a great new year.

SFC E7 (retired)

Posts: 148 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Someone up there would love for you to hunt more elephant. So don't play with destiny and go ahead and please all. thumb

Merry Christmas.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
God be blessed for your good news. Best wishes for a great new year and positive results from future treatments and tests. Life is too short. We should all enjoy life like it was our last days on earth.
Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
So happy to hear the good news.

I wish you a quick and complete recovery, and more enjoyable hunts.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A clean bill of health is indeed good news. Thanks for sharing...we all care. Two wonderful happenings here. Your good news and a place to share it.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great news wish u health wealth and prosperity with healthy long life,regards

ur 3 greatest hunts r ur first ur last and ur next

one of us
posted Hide Post
great to hear your report, and that things are looking up, at the same time lets not forget a number of AR members who are battling health issues
Daniel

Posts: 1481 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GREAT news, have the best Christmas ever!!!

Merry Christmas to all the AR members and their families and hope everyone has a happy and healthy year.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9484 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
WOW! That's fantastic. Merry Christmas. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Better tomorrows for sure!
Never give up.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Congratz on the great report and a very Merry Xmas to you and your family! The perfect present... and a new lease on life and new perspectives for the New Year! Super!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The gift of life for Christmas - it doesn't get any better than that!

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Just wonderful! Merry Christmas!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas 465 H&H, I wish you a speedy recovery and many good hunts

Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
What a great gift for you and those near to you! Merry Christmas and a happy hunting new year!!!!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Go book that PAC elephant again!!!!!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that is fantastic news. Merry Christmas and a speedy recovery from the treatment. You'll be hunting again in no time I'm sure.

peace and joy to and all your family.

TM

"one of the most common african animals is the common coolerbok(or coleman's coolerbok). Many have been domesticated and can be found in hunting camps, lodges and in the back of vehicles."

Posts: 252 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Walt,

Glad to hear the good news! I hope you're up and at 'em again in 2008!

David

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas 465!!! Good health to you.

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Good news, and I can feel your pain,because I've been there for the last five yrs myself! Fun ain't it? Wink Merry Christmas, and a happy long life starting next year! thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great news!!!!
Time to start planning your next hunt.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
465H&H
A Merry Christmas and quick recovery.

Travelled that road myself and know what you feel thumb

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Pardon my French, but...

THAT IS FUCKING OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you have your health you do not necesarily have everything, but when you don't have your health, nothing else matters.

Congratulations on the beginning of a great recovery. Best wishe s for a Happy New Year.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Wondeful news 465. a friend of mine just passed to the eternal hunting lands due to a car accident in madrid. He was the son of Jose garcia escorial and his loss left a great hole in our hunting world wide brotherhood. hearing about your recovery gives me a great strength in beliving god allways has a plan for all of us.Enjoy this second chance and book another pac el for next year. Thanks for giving us such a big happiness for this x-mas. I wish you the best and hope that one day we meet each other hunting in AFRICA. GREAT JOB BEATIN THE GREAT C.

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You indeed did get a great Christmas Gift.

Hope you have a great year.

H Kittle

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your kind words, prayers and well wishes. I am humbled by the number of responces to this post. If you have good health thank God, Allah, Buddha, Ras or whomever you pray to. If your an atheist then thank your good fortune. As Jack Atcheson says "Go hunting now while you are young enough and healthy enough to make full use of the experience."

To all of you that responded I wish good health and may you realize your dream safari in the next two years!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I rarely post on this board but I coult not resist sending a reply to this one! That is great news and I am very happy for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Landrum

Posts: 247 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 20 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the news, health issues really take a toll on you mentally.

Sounds like you should use your recovery time to plotplan your next hunt.

Big Grin

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Non Hodgkins is a very curable cancer; my congrats and please PM me if I can help. I am not an oncologist, but I know a lot of them. Imran

Posts: 523 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 18 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
That qualifies as the best Christmas present ever.

The best ones never require wrapping.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bravo !!! Time to make plans for the annual safaris !!

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great new and have a Happy New Year.

Posts: 344 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
YAHOO!! clap

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote