THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    KMG Hunting Safaris 2024 Season Photos
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KMG Hunting Safaris 2024 Season Photos
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Marius,

Beautiful trophies there but those Bushbuck are special!

One of these days I'll get one with two horns.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12693 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Marius,

Beautiful trophies there but those Bushbuck are special!

One of these days I'll get one with two horns.

We have plenty of those two horned Bushbuck running around... Smiler

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1402 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Find some good cattle pastures, and you'll have a good chance of finding a good Warthog in the area. The 300 Ultra Mag found its mark, and Vince bagged himself a very nice hog!

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

Posts: 1402 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Save some for us!

Look forward to catching up and hunting with you guys end of next month and I trust that you have stocked the bass pond as you promised me you would!!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2326 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Save some for us!

Look forward to catching up and hunting with you guys end of next month and I trust that you have stocked the bass pond as you promised me you would!!

The tilapia is in and should be settled. We just waiting for the Bass. Hopefully they will be in by the time you get here. If not, we'll make a plan.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We took the tracks of a bachelor group of bulls early in the morning. Our tracker spotted the Cape Buffalo bull lying down a mere 80 yards from us. After dropping to our hands and knees, we lined up a small bush between us and the Buff, and managed to crawl to 55 yards. The bull was lying broadside. I could see a few other bulls around him, but the dewlap and roman nose on this particular bull drew my attention. After sitting for approximately 2 hours, we had a younger bull feeding towards us. The wind wasn't great, and I was worried that he would catch the scent. The younger bull turned and fed back towards the group. The group of bulls got up for a stretch, and this old bull had already shown me what I needed to see. As they say, the rest was history.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's better than a Cape Buffalo bull? Two bulls! After success on the first bull, the buffalo went missing for the next day and a half. On departure day, we had roughly 3 hours before we needed to depart with a cut off time in mind. I sent trackers in opposite directions with us checking other areas. The previous day, we had found two tracks which we followed for a few miles, but never caught up to them. The trackers which I had sent to this area, found two lone bulls in the general vicinity of where we left them. We were radioed, to inform us that they had found two lone bulls and managed to close the deal on this big bossed bull.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When the warm days rolls in, you better know that you are in for a tough time on the spiral horns. Took us roughly 3-4 days to finally find a good bull. Leaving before sunrise, we had a short 3-minute drive to the hunting area which runs as a cattle ranch. As we could just start making out shapes, we noticed some Kudu cows moving back to cover only to spot this bull right at the back following his mob of cows. We got our hunter onto the sticks quickly and the bull stopped long enough to offer a shot. When the going gets tough, its all hands on deck with us. Since one hunter in camp had already tagged out, and the other PH hunting with the rest of the family group, we were a total of 3 PH's and 3 trackers covering areas to spot a mature bull. Very proud of the men that form the cogs of this outfit.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The ghosts of darkness always promises for an exciting evening. Bushpigs are one of the most underrated hunts Africa has to offer. They are cunning animals and getting a successful bait going takes time and patience. When that white head breaks the darkness, they can bring on a serious bout of buck fever.
We often hear hunters mentioning that they are not interested in Bushpigs because they shoot many pigs back home. Bushpigs are not a feral species. They are a species in their own and worthy of its own place in any hunter's display room.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We got the call that the hounds were chasing and moved to the area. By the time we got to the hounds the cat had already climbed. While trying to find an opening for the 22 Hornet for a clean shot, the Caracal decided that it had seen enough and decided to jump with a pack of roughly 12 hounds on its tail. Roughly a minute later, we could year the distinctive barking from one of the lead hounds, confirming that the Caracal had treed again. This time, much deeper and closer to the bottom of the valley in the thick undergrowth. This time around, we moved slowly, not to make the cat nervous. We found a perfect window to the vitals and the little 45gr'er found it mark.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the pursuit of claiming sustainability in our conservation through hunting model, it is paramount to do one's utmost best in taking animals closer to being past their prime than the alternative. We can fully appreciate that every animal on safari simply cannot tick this box, but it needs to be extremely high on the aim of each outfit. This responsibility should not lie with the hunter, but rather with your Professional Hunter. Here is a great Nyala bull where one can clearly see the indentations just below the spine showing body condition in decline. I will leave this post with a great quote by Aristotle: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is then not an act, but a habit.” This quote can be applied so well to our hunting model which in return will mean that we will have generations that will still get to hunt and enjoy Africa.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivory for days! Lovely old Kudu bull with roughly 7" of ivory down the side. Not something you see everyday.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris