THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Famous hunters that hunted the Zambezi valley and Southern Rhodesia

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Famous hunters that hunted the Zambezi valley and Southern Rhodesia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know Ian Nychens did, I think Selous moved through the area and John Taylor was in the general area. I'd like to pick up some new books about guys who hunted the general area. Thanks

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Tuskers in The Dust by (Fred Everett) whom hunted the region and bordering countries might be qgood option

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoffM24:
I know Ian Nychens did, I think Selous moved through the area and John Taylor was in the general area. I'd like to pick up some new books about guys who hunted the general area. Thanks

If you can give me an idea of the books or authors you might be interested in I will see if I have them in the collection I am selling.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Geoff

You'll find the largest selection of new and used African hunting and Africa related books on the net here

Prices start from about 50 cents and go up to US$225K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Richard Harland has written two fantastic books....

Ndlovu and The Hunting Imperative.

He is probably the greatest living elephant hunter.

The two books are mandatory reading if you like African hunting. beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips guys.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
quote:
Originally posted by GeoffM24:

If you can give me an idea of the books or authors you might be interested in I will see if I have them in the collection I am selling.

I have read Months or the Sun, Geoff Brooms book, Selous A Hunters Wanderings in Africa, all of John Taylors books, all of Capstick's books and I'm looking for more books to read that happened in Zimbabwe.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geoff, with the nice rifles you have, spend less time reading about it and more time doing it!!! (Just kidding...I'm often "off on safari" in the den with a good book)

Posts: 20159 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Did not some guy with the last name Stewart write about hunting in Africa, including the Zambezi Valley?

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did not some guy with the last name Stewart write about hunting in Africa, including the Zambezi Valley?
Mike, yes, I can't recall his first name but it was something snazzy...Fizz Stewart maybe?

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Geoff, with the nice rifles you have, spend less time reading about it and more time doing it!!! (Just kidding...I'm often "off on safari" in the den with a good book)

I'm going to the Omay to hunt buffalo with Martin Pieters in Aug 2012 so I need something to help me pass the time.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C:
quote:
Mike, yes, I can't recall his first name but it was something snazzy...Fizz Stewart maybe?

Bill,

His native name is "he who carries two barrels but only one trigger"

Geoff,

I read "Months of the Sun" while in Martin's Ume River Camp. Good book, good place to read it.

Ian Nyschens wrote and published a second book, the name escapes me. It is expensive if you can find it, and "Months of the Sun" was a better read.