Notify
Tools

Tondwa, Zambia
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of IH
posted
Dear all,
A friend of mine finalizing a hunt with Muchinga Safari (Johny Duplooye) in August 2016 at subjected location, willing to know the experiences by members of quality trophies, camping facilties and game management there, the following are targeted species as under:
1. Sitatunga
2. Roan
3. Sable
4. Blue Duiker
5. Puku and other opprtunity in plain games.

I have hunted with Johny in Niyaminga, he is well repute and serious PH, but Tondwa is a new area for us to understand quality species.

Please share yours experiences of hunt in this area and ground management.

I would be much appreciated for feed backs from members, please.

Regards.
IH

Posts: 192 | Location: Pakistan | Registered: 14 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IH
posted Hide Post
Please PM me for any feed back.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Read crbutler report on the African hunting report section. Sounds like the area had been depleted but is slowly beginning to recover. Sitatunga and puku should be no problem, blue duiker probably with roan and sable iffy. There was a very good sable seen on his safari however.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IH:
Tondwa???????????
1. Sitatunga
2. Roan
3. Sable
4. Blue Duiker
5. Puku and other opprtunity in plain games.

IH

IH, I have neither hunted with the PH , nor do I know anything about Tondwa concession!

Having said that, not knowing what type of land features are in Tondwa the trophy list could be a little hard to come by in a couple of cases!

Sitatunga happens to be a marsh species and may not be available unless there is marsh available there. Most of the other species might be available there without the marsh. One species that your friend should not pass on is Cookson’s wildebeest, and Puku as both are only available in abundance in Zambia.

Tell your friend I and other AR members wish him good luck, and to make a hunting report here when he gets home!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IH,

I've had quite a few clients in Tondwa. The sitatunga is very good there and they are amazingly 100% on these unique aquatic antelope. Lichenstein's hartebeest and puku are common there. I assume your friend booked 14 days and in that time I would expect him to take everything.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
IH,

I've had quite a few clients in Tondwa. The sitatunga is very good there and they are amazingly 100% on these unique aquatic antelope. Lichenstein's hartebeest and puku are common there. I assume your friend booked 14 days and in that time I would expect him to take everything.

Mark

Mark

Roan and sable as well in 14 days?

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Safari2,

Most people book the 10 days for the sitatunga and once they have the sitatunga they charter out. All hunting takes some luck but good roan sable and Livingstone's eland are there.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
IH,

Dear Mark!,
Thanks for info, it is important info to assess the quality trophy and game management.

Yes it is for 14 days hunt.

I would also like to know, if you are aware of it, which other part of African continent has more better quality of Sitatunga then Tondwa?

Kind regards.
IH

Mark

One of Us
Picture of IH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
Read crbutler report on the African hunting report section. Sounds like the area had been depleted but is slowly beginning to recover. Sitatunga and puku should be no problem, blue duiker probably with roan and sable iffy. There was a very good sable seen on his safari however.

Thanks Safari2 for your feed back.
regards
IH

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i believe i shot the last lichensteins hartebeest and crawfords defasa waterbuck to come out of tondwa and that was in 2009. the waterbuck was the first seen in 2 years there and last i talked to terry they haven't seen a decent hartabeest since. but thats all sideshow compared to the sitatunga, they are quite prevelant

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote