Tools

Cape Buffalo Hunting Tips
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Really, Saeed?

Eleven buffalo on one safari?

So, on any two, random safaris, you have shot more buffalo than most people, including me, have shot in all of their hunting years.

I will now concede that your .375, in your hands, is adequate for buffalo. Cool

But, for buffalo, I will still choose my .500 or .450 over any .375 made by the hand of man.

I can still remember every one of mine.

Distinctly.

The hard thing about a charging buff is that his head will bob up and down as he approaches at high speed. I have seen them do that, as they galloped, but, happily, I have not had to deal with it, up close and personal, as the folks on ABC used to say.

I have only shot two bulls facing me.

One, I shot in Tanzania, many years ago, and with the first shot taken. I shot him square in the chest, at the base of his neck, with a .458 Lott. He ran off into the long grass and died, although we did not know that until we followed him up. That was pretty intense. My bullet pierced his heart and ended up deep in his guts.

The second, I shot last year in Botswana, with a .450 Rigby. I had already shot him once, through the top of his heart. The frontal shot was my second shot. I put that one into his forehead, after he stopped sprinting at us, when I think he suddenly realized he was about to trample us. He didn't understand that he was already dead, and stopped right in front of us, at 20 yards' distance, where I brained him.

At the shot, he dropped hard to the ground, deader than Elvis.

They are not unstoppable.

There is no secret.

Just stay cool, and shoot straight.

Of course, there was that time, in the southern Selous, when an entire herd came at us at short range and full speed.

But that's another story.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This all started years ago in Zimbabwe.

Many clients were unable to shoot a buffalo, and Roy kindly let me shoot everything on quota!

Wonderful solution for both of us!

Ended up shooting at least a dozen o each hunt.

People ask why I like hunting buffalo.

I tell they are big and hard to miss clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I remember arriving at Chete, and asking Roy how many buffalo were left for me.

He said “we can shoot one every day! Had some hunters who thought walking sucks! And if you d walk here you will not be hunting buffalo!”

Sometimes we didn’t shoot one every day.

But made up for it by shooting 3-4 in a day! jumping

Nothing beats meeting a bunch of old dugga boys and dropping them with one shot each within a few yards of each other! rotflmo

And being a very rude and hunter, no questions were ever asked of them how they like to die! rotflmo

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
This is the story I posted of the only buffalo charge I’ve experienced in 20+ safaris. It was a decade ago, but it can happen when you least expect it:

Perhaps the most famous quote about the fierceness of Cape buffalo is by Robert Ruark: They look at you as if you owe them money! Well, on September 3, 2009, a dagga boy bill collector decided to call the debt due. He damn well about perfected a body lien on me in the process.

On September 1st , I began a safari for leopard with the incomparable Lou Hallamore as my professional hunter. We were hunting the Deka Safari Area. By earlier agreement, Lou had put up a couple of baits before my arrival and early that first day of hunting, we went to check to see if any cats had found supper.

I was a bit confused when the guys in the back (Alfred and Clements are both brothers and trackers, and Alexander, the game scout) all excitedly signaled for Lou to stop the vehicle only a few minutes out of camp with loud whispers of “Dagga Boy! Dagga Boy!” As usual, Graham Hingston at HHK Safaris had worked out a great plan for my hunt, but we’d never even talked about buffalo, except maybe taking a cow for bait and camp meat.

As the Land Cruiser emptied, I quickly asked Lou why the excitement if male buffalo was not on my ticket. Lou raised up a piece of carpet on the dash put there to dampen noise of binoculars, etc., and pulled out a sheet of paper with my name on it and a list of game I could take. Sure enough, “Buffalo, Male” had a “1” inked in the appropriate square. Graham always does me right!

I was handed down my unscoped “heavy” rifle, a .458 Winchester Magnum built on a CZ military Mauser action. I had a 9.3x74 double, but it was regulated for 232 gr. Norma Vulcan ammo which is certainly not suited for buff (but perfect of a leopard, of course). Not really being prepared for buffalo, the only ammo for the bolt gun that I had was Federal DGS 500 grain solids (intended for a tuskless elephant cow if we saw one). I stuffed three down and one in the spout then hatted up and headed out.

Dang! Before I even got abreast of the front fender of the car, I could see the outline of the buffalo moving slowly in thick jess to my front. I raised my rifle and the bull stepped out into the clear and presented me with a broadside shot at 40 yards. He was magnificent!

Yes, but too magnificent to shoot by just riding up and taking a chip shot. A buffalo like that deserved more. That and including that I just wasn’t mentally prepared to hunt buffalo was enough for me to look over to Lou and shake my head indicating that I didn’t want to shoot.

Lou whispered, “He’s a fine, fine one “, but didn’t encourage a shot at all. The bull slowly squared his shoulders to us and then, after four or five seconds, in which you can bet your bippy I re-raised my rifle, he grunted a short note that could only mean that he thought that we were not really worth his consideration, dropped a derisive turd and loped away at an unhurried, but obviously painful canter.

I immediately had mixed emotions. I felt that I did the right thing in giving the old Nyati the respect due by not shooting so close to the car and with not a bit of sweat raised on my part. Then, how bad was his injury, I wondered? Would the wonderful, old buffalo suffer the ignoble death of being pulled down by hyenas?

I didn’t have to say a word to Lou in explanation. He understood. I then took a deep breath and with a nod to the direction of the animal’s path, “Game on?” Lou smiled, and with a slight chuckle, said, “Let’s go kill a buffalo.”

There are way too many elephants in Deka. Almost universally, all trees have been stripped of higher branches, causing most all vegetation to rise not much higher than six or seven feet. Mopane trees are particularly hard hit. Since they can’t grow up, they send out branches horizontally from the ground, making them more like bushes than trees. One can’t see under them, around them or through them. Often visibility is limited to just a few yards. Into that mess we proceeded with a joy peppered by a not too subtle fear, known only to those who “have been there and done that”. Damn, I love it!

For the next three hours, we followed the old man’s tracks. Finally, we spotted him again when we came down a hill and could see across the valley. From about 200 yards, we saw him top the crest, stop a second and lumber away. Yep. He had a limp, but he seemed to not be as badly hurt as originally thought. I snapped him a salute and we went back to the vehicle, the five of us bonded by the experience.

It was a great way to start the first day of safari. Lou understood that I came to hunt, and not just shoot. As for myself, I learned that this was “my safari”, not one pushed by a P.H. who favored “success” over a quality experience. As for the fellows in the back of the truck, Lou told me later that they approved of their client’s enthusiasm and ethic.

Before we saw the buffalo again, a great deal of good stuff happened that afternoon, the next day and the morning that followed it. I made good shots on some bait impala, killed a beautifully figured Zebra stallion at 200 meters with my little Merkel and took a grande dame of a tuskless cow elephant with the .458. We had a piss-in-your-britches thrill when a big male leopard made claim of the sunrise with throaty growls just a few yards from our blind.

The old dagga boy wasn’t forgotten, but, as we speculated over drinks when we warmed ourselves in the evenings before the fire, the general feeling was that the Nyati’s injury wasn’t really that bad.

I was in the unadulterated bliss of the perfect safari.

That speculation about killed my fat ass.

Early on the morning of the 3rd day, we arose and made our way to the site of the carcass of the elephant I shot the midday before. We had built a blind about 100 yards away on a hillside and at first light that morning, I took a hyena who waited until a lioness and her cubs vacated their breakfast (but more about all that in another post).

We put the hyena in the truck and motored back to a wonderful breakfast of bacon, eggs over-easy, toast and tea. I wasn’t even three full days into my safari and if I never saw another animal, I would have surely have gotten my money’s worth. At nine or so, we saddled up again and went to look at baits for signs of chui.

I don’t know why I put the .458 in the truck.
I already had my elephant and since the initial intercourse with the buffalo, we had seen little to no sign of any buff in the direction we were heading. Mr. Nyati was not one bit on my mind.

We happily bumped along the track out of camp headed for the road that bisects the concession and runs from the railroad into Hwange Park. The bait we wanted to check was in a tree on the north side of that road. At the intersection, we turned west towards the park and as soon as we crested the little bump up from where the camp road meets the Hwange road, the trackers started their finger snaps indicating game seen. Quite reasonably, there is a no hunting strip alongside the road. Lou reversed the Land Cruisers path back onto “legal” hunting grounds and we got out to survey the situation.

It didn’t take me long to learn that the dagga boy of the first day was spotted again and he was slowly walking away from us and into legal hunting grounds. Could life get any better? I shifted gears and loaded up the Win. Mag. again and flipped up the wing safety.

At my age, it doesn’t take much for me to stoop over as in my dotage, I guess I walk like that anyway. I’ll not speak for Lou’s age, but before me, Alfred, Clement and Lou preceded and Alexander followed with his rock-an-roll FN FAL rifle, all of us hunched as low down as our relative age would allow.

Then, I screwed the pooch.

After about 500 yards of slipping along, very professionally, I was squired into a position about 60 yards from the buffalo which was standing motionless in the shade of a rare, still-standing tree. I asked for confirmation, “Facing right? Broadside?” I got a nod of confirmation and raised my rifle. Lou said, “Shoot when you’re ready.” And I did.

Damn! As I began my trigger squeeze, as I was told later, but not recognized by me, the buff took a step and turned his body directly towards us. My old eyes didn’t see it and I shot. The buffalo immediately made a couple of troubled lurches into the jess and was gone.

I shoot pretty well. I knew that the bullet went where I intended it to go. Heck, the buffalo was obviously hit. Didn’t he run like his shoulder was buggered? Then reality set in. Heck, his left leg or shoulder was already hurt. Alfred, who speaks English quite well, convinced me that I had either shot down the buffalo’s left side, missing entirely, or had put a bullet in his paunch as he turned toward me. The former was not good, the latter was horrible.

Lou looked at me with no expression at all. He had watched me make a perfect side-brain on an elephant. I had shot three impala and a Zebra at long range, dead-right-there. I didn’t piss my pants when a female lion had seen me in the hyena blind and started a purposeful walk towards me. I had double tapped the hyena at 100 yards, the second shot made while the animal was flying…. and, now, at close range, I had just probably gut-shot close to a ton of buffalo that was already pissed. It happens sooner or later to us all, but I was pretty darn depressed with myself.

Before we even went to look for sign, Lou handed his .458 Win. Mag. to Alfred and sent Clement back to the Cruiser for his Wilkes .470 double. I didn’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what that meant.

No one would talk about what happened as we awaited Clement and the rifle. I had made a mistake that needed to be sorted out and there was no use in rubbing it in. I tried to replay the shot in my mind. My rifle was more than adequate with express sights and a slightly oversized NECG white front bead that I had added just this spring. I tried to will myself to believe that I missed the animal and reconstruct the sight picture upon firing. I thought about what happened again and again. I constructed a willful scenario that I was aiming at the crease of the shoulder and the bullet went there, but since the buffalo had already turned, the “crease” was actually empty space. Damn, I hoped I was right.

We went to the spot where the buffalo was standing (and now I hoped moving) when I fired. No hair, blood or gut matter. A small relief. We picked up the tracks and began to follow. Dang if the buffalo didn’t take the same game trail that he had taken three days before. Very carefully we followed down to the dry river and thank goodness, we found no spoor of a wound. My spirits were much better now.

After a mile or so, we had absolutely no indication of a hit. Both Alfred and Lou assured me that if the buffalo had been injured by my shot, that after a mile, there would be hair, some blood, some stomach matter…. something.

Game Scout and Lou conferred. Both agreed that “no harm, no foul” and no trophy fee would be charged. That relieved me some about the money, but the real relief was that I hadn’t wounded a buffalo to suffer or be someone else’s problem.

Since our trek had paralleled the park road, Lou sent Alfred to go get the truck and the rest of us would call off the hunt and proceed directly to the road which was only a few hundred yards away. Clement walked first, Lou next with me third and Game Scout following me.

Maybe forty yards after we made our right angle and began to walk up the slight incline the 400 yards or so to the road, we entered into really thick Mopane jess where a few taller trees had escaped the elephants' destruction. It was very tight quarters and we were following a narrow game trail in single file.

Ahead of me, I saw Clement and Lou as they progressed down the trail bend down to the left to get below some branches of a tree. I prepared to do the same. Game Scout was about five yards behind me. While we had been tracking the dagga boy, we came across a bit of wire and while we walked back to the road Game Scout was rolling it in his fingers and apparently mumbling bad words about poachers.

So, that is how I found myself when the poop hit the fan. Clement and Lou had their heads down and slightly turned away from straight ahead to avoid branches and thorns as they stooped under the lower foliage. Visibility to their front and right was severely limited. I was still upright, looking not ahead but where I was going, around the left side of the tree and what branches I’d have to avoid. Game Scout was really not in play. We’ve all been in the same situation a million times. It is unavoidable.

They don’t call it “dangerous game hunting” for nothing.

With absolutely not the slightest bit of warning, just seventeen yards in front of me, the bush exploded in sun-dappled violence and multiple shades of gray, black, dirty browns and dusty tans. I saw Clement, still bent at the waist, spin to his left and then scurry backwards on a supporting hand. Lou could see nothing as the tree blocked his view and he was turned to the left somewhat, himself. (He later said that he initially thought Clement had stepped on a snake.)

As for me, I had not the least doubt as to what was happening. A big grey-black hulk was at full-stride coming directly at my body. I remember nothing about how I was holding my rifle, flipping down the safety or raising my gun to my shoulder. It all just happened. I clearly remember stepping forward and to the right to clear the tree instead of getting behind it. Damn Marine in me, I guess? You know, Semper Fi and attack the ambush, don’t run from it.

Burned in my memory is that beautiful, over-sized white front bead appearing in the shallow “V” of the rear sight. Boss and horns covering the brain was my instant realization as the buffalo was swinging his head in what I can only guess was his practice hook before sinking a horn in my belly.

It was absolutely slow motion. I forced the bead down into the chest and fired. The buffalo was at 12 steps (which I wobbly walked later). The 500 grain Hornady DGS hit the heart and the buffalo staggered and turned slightly to my right with the impact. I'm not sure if I ever took my rifle from my shoulder to work the bolt, but I know that the second shot was almost instantaneous with the first and about 3” higher.

By now, the buffalo was closer than before, but would pass by me and towards Game Scout if he continued his new path. I fired again into his quartering-towards-me shoulder. I think he might have gotten powder burns. I had no thought of trying to brain him as what I was doing seemed to be working fine.

Upon impact of the third shot, a huge shutter coursed the bull from head to toe. Humped up now and turned some more, he passed Game Scout who, by now had his FN in battery and was raising it to shoot. As I worked the bolt of my Mauser for a forth shot, Lou, now not hindered by the tree and able to shoot since the buff had cleared me, fired his .470 into the buffalo’s right hip, shattering it and putting the Bill Collector on the ground.

From start to finish, I’ll bet that four seconds didn’t pass. I know that the buffalo never was more than 20 yards from us from charge to demise. Teddy Roosevelt called his leading the Rough Riders up Kettle and San Juan Hills as “My crowded hour”. Well, I damn well had my crowded little "moment" myself.

Of course, we all wanted to see if I had hit the buffalo earlier that morning. I had not. Obvious from the pictures, some idiot had snared the buffalo and the cable had become imbedded in his leg, just above his hoof. Apparently, constantly in pain and pissed at the world, when we got to twenty yards, he decided that enough was enough and he was going to get some satisfaction.

He nearly succeeded.

And I loved every single of the four seconds in which the debt was called due.

Brilliant narration. Really enjoyed reading it. Thank you.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

He said “we can shoot one every day! Had some hunters who thought walking sucks! And if you d walk here you will not be hunting buffalo!”

Nothing beats meeting a bunch of old dugga boys and dropping them with one shot each within a few yards of each other! rotflmo

And being a very rude and hunter, no questions were ever asked of them how they like to die! rotflmo

Sullivan has truly become a self-parody.

He seems to be utterly unaware of how ludicrous he has become.

As in, zero self-awareness.

He has a video on YouTube. It's all about how YOU, TOO, can wield a double rifle and hunt the HE-MANLY way HE does.

Out of boredom, and a sort of morbid curiosity, I clicked on it the other day.

I had to pause it repeatedly, to avoid missing anything, while constantly laughing my ass off! Big Grin

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
quote:

Sullivan has truly become a self-parody.

He seems to be utterly unaware of how ludicrous he has become.

As in, zero self-awareness.

He has a video on YouTube. It's all about how YOU, TOO, can wield a double rifle and hunt the HE-MANLY way HE does.

Out of boredom, and a sort of morbid curiosity, I clicked on it the other day.

I had to pause it repeatedly, to avoid missing anything, while constantly laughing my ass off! Big Grin

Careful now my friend.

Cal will shortly show his face and tell you how hateful you are.

You might be accused to be as ignorant of hunting buffalo as I am.

There is no one, NO ONE, greater than his hero.

The one he illegally employed to guide him to a farm buffalo.

The one he missed, then wounded, then spent all day chasing, tagging behind his hero.

The One and Only MARK OF A FART!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. I was delighted when Tanz increased the license to four. I too, love hunting buffalo.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We were hunting in Matetsi.

Spend a few days chasing leopards and shooting baits for them.

No time for buffalo.

Our skinners started making fun of us, as we were brining in impalas and warthogs.

Then one morning we were out, and saw 4 old bulls walking along.

We got in front of them, and shot all four.

Put one in the truck, and headed for camp, and wanted to send the camp manager to pick the other three.

We arrived at camp, and the trackers started shouting at the skinners "We have buffalo"

The skinners were very happy and started running to the skinning shed.

Trackers "TWO BUFFALO!'

Skinners laughing.

Trackers "THREE BUFFALO!"

More laughter unbelieving laughter from the skinners.

Trackers "FOUR BUFFALO!"

Only sand in as we unloaded the buffalo at the skinning shed, and I showed them the photos of that morning!

They were not too happy then, as they had to work until late at night! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only ever shot two at the same time once.

Best minute of my African hunting life.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Also in Matetsi.

Had am American friend with us, and we started following buffalo.

Somehow we lost them, and as it was getting lunch time, we left them and walked back to our truck.

Trackers saw some bulls close by.

We asked the game scout and our friend to stay behind.

Off we went.

Saw three bulls, and 3 quick shots and they were all down within a 50 yards circle.

My friend came, looked at the three bulls, and said “I thought you messed up and got charged! Never realized you shot all of these” clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
buffalo make wonderful leopard bait and you don't have to check it every day.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Leopards are funny.

I jhave sat in a blind and watched them pass up a fresh bait, and go for one that has maggots' in it!

On many occasions, they seem to pick one meat over another.

There is no hard and fast rule though.

One will pick a wartrhog over an impala.

Another will pick an impala over a zebra.

On other occasions it was the exact opposite!

As unpredictable as women!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, you know leopard and women as much as any man can, and have the wisdom to recognize that we'll never understand either one of them.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Everything God created, was for a purpose.

And they never forgot it.

Except for women.

Apparently God created the earth.

It was flat.

He did not like it.

He thought of improving it, and created mountains.

It was an improvement, which he liked.

He added snow.

Great.

The snow started to melt, and created oceans.

Great.

Then He created creatures like mice, rabbits, deer etc.

Then he created bigger animals like buffalo and elephants.

Then He thought non could talk.

So he created woman.

As soon as he gave her life, she opened her mouth and started blubbering just as we all know women.

God turned her off, put her in the shelf, and went back to the drawing board.

He thought, we are on the right track, but this woman has a mouth far too big for her brain.

Next one I will increase the size of the brain, and give him more intelligence.

He created man.

As soon as he gave him life, man looked around, and said "where am I?"

God answered him "you are man. And this is your world. Go and enjoy it"

Six months later, God comes along and asks man "how are doing in this world of yours?"

"Great, thank you. But I wish I could have someone to talk to"

God thought, let us try this experiment.

He got woman out of the cupboard, gave her life again, and handed her to man "this is woman. She is here for your pleasure"

This is the true story of creation.

Woman was NOT created from man's rib!

Now imagine if women lived up to their intended purpose!

How wonderful life would be for all of us sofa

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Another story for your book, Saeed. Damn, you are one FUNNY man! rotflmo clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Saeed, you better duck behind that couch.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Yeah, Saeed, you better duck behind that couch.

From a woman?

You must be kidding!

Had endless arguments with them when I was in the US shooting trap and skeet.

Lots of them used to come to our shooting club.

I must say though they were all perfect ladies.

Never has anyone of them taken offence to what I said, and some even gave me a good run for my money in being unpolite.

I think everyone knew we were all kidding, except when it came to shooting.

I told them non can beat me in shooting.

And despite the fact many tried, non could.

Just plain incapable of beating a man at what he is good at. clap

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everything God created, was for a purpose.

And they never forgot it.

Except for women.

Apparently God created the earth.

It was flat.

He did not like it.

He thought of improving it, and created mountains.

It was an improvement, which he liked.

He added snow.

Great.

The snow started to melt, and created oceans.

Great.

Then He created creatures like mice, rabbits, deer etc.

Then he created bigger animals like buffalo and elephants.

Then He thought non could talk.

So he created woman.

As soon as he gave her life, she opened her mouth and started blubbering just as we all know women.

God turned her off, put her in the shelf, and went back to the drawing board.

He thought, we are on the right track, but this woman has a mouth far too big for her brain.

Next one I will increase the size of the brain, and give him more intelligence.

He created man.

As soon as he gave him life, man looked around, and said "where am I?"

God answered him "you are man. And this is your world. Go and enjoy it"

Six months later, God comes along and asks man "how are doing in this world of yours?"

"Great, thank you. But I wish I could have someone to talk to"

God thought, let us try this experiment.

He got woman out of the cupboard, gave her life again, and handed her to man "this is woman. She is here for your pleasure"

This is the true story of creation.

Woman was NOT created from man's rib!
Now imagine if women lived up to their intended purpose!

How wonderful life would be for all of us sofa

I've got to disagree.

God made man ... Adam. After awhile, God asked Adam how things were going, to which he replied, "Ok but I'm a bit lonely".

God said to Adam, how about a woman? I'll create her for you and she'll love you, take care of you, cook your meals, take care of all your needs. How does that sound?

Adam said, "sounds expensive. What will that cost me?" To which God said, how about an arm?

Adam replied, "Yep, too expensive for my blood. What can I get for a rib?"

Whistling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
From a woman?

You must be kidding!

Yeah, but you should watch out for the errant ashtray. Those can hurt!

And I wouldn't underestimate women. They are the best of this species, event if they are beyond comprehension. But that's part of their charm.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Tom T. Hall said, they are all sitting on the world we are trying to win. Can't believe that slipped by the censors back in the day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And let's not forget Kipling. So you might need to duck.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Women have the capability of being much more intelligent than men. You see, God gave men a brain, and a penis, but only enough blood to operate one responsibly at a time.

He didn't give women a penis. They are always thinking.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Women have the capability of being much more intelligent than men. You see, God gave men a brain, and a penis, but only enough blood to operate one responsibly at a time.

He didn't give women a penis. They are always thinking.

Very true.

Trouble is their train of thought has a track like a circle.

With a diameter of 6 inches!

Round and round and round they go. clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
But remember Tom T.'s wisdom. They are sitting on the world we all want to win, so we have little choice.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed also shot a large number of buffalo with Pierre van Tonder. Over the years Saeed has probably shot more buffalo legally than any living person today. He particularly liked shooting buffalo out from under my sights, I can still hear that cackling laugh contamination the Vuga!!! jumping

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leopards are funny.

I jhave sat in a blind and watched them pass up a fresh bait, and go for one that has maggots' in it!

On many occasions, they seem to pick one meat over another.

There is no hard and fast rule though.

One will pick a wartrhog over an impala.

Another will pick an impala over a zebra.

On other occasions it was the exact opposite!

As unpredictable as women!

And almost as dangerous!

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote