Find
Notify
Tools

Back from Dallas Show
 Login/Join

Picture of T.Carr
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Had a successful trip to Dallas. Was lucky to book a safari this season as many operators had limited openings. Most were booking for 2006 and beyond.

We booked 14 days in eary July with HHK Safaris and Swainson's Safaris.

HHK is now booking for Swainson's and we dealt with Graham at HHK.

We will be headed first to Swainson's Dande North concession (Mukanga Camp) for tuskless elephant, buffalo and sable.

When we finish there, we will charter down to HHK's ranch, Lemco, for giraffe, 2 zebra, bushbuck, kudu and other targets of opportunity.

Don't know what PH we will hunt with, as Graham doesn't assign the PH's until he gets back to ZIM after all the safari shows. But we will probably hunt with one of Swainson's PHs as they are most familiar with Dande North.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to spend much time at the show because we had other matters to attend to in Dallas. Did get to talk with Retreever and CFA from AR. Took a glancing blow from Bill Stewart. Had a nice chat with Lou Hallamore (PH for HHK).

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry ----- You are the one "AR Nut" I wanted to meet in Dallas that I regret I did not meet. I attended the Judge G get acquainted sessions both nights but if you were there I missed you. I wanted to personally thank you for all the help you provided me in posting the pictures of my Safari in 2004. Maybe someday I will get to do that, in the meantime, a BIG THANK YOU here will have to do. Have a good hunt this year. beer Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Glancing blow? I'm the worlds's easiest going guy!

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19363 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also booked with Swainson's in 06 for ten days. Was surprised how fast all the outfitters were booking. An Australian outfitter-PH friend of mine have his entire 2005 season booked except for 4 days. He is taking bookings for 07 already,

Who ever said that the Safari business wasn't good.

Posts: 495 | Location: USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Pat,

Sorry I missed you. We weren't able to make any of the AR get togethers. Had a lot of our old Dallas friends to see.

Bill,

Some day I will tell you what Lou Hallamore said about you. One day, when I need a favor from you. Wink

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Someday I will have to tell you what other PH's tell me about Lou.

The last time I hunted with HHK a couple years ago, my PH said I wasn't nearly as bad as he had heard!!

The whole PH community in Zim is a gossip factory. It is amusing to listen to them go on about other PH's and clients. I hate to think what they say about me!!

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19363 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Terry. I also regret not having the opportunity to see you there. Retreever mentioned seeing you and said you off for more business. I am extremely glad I made it for my first time. It was terrific meeting and puting faces to the great guys we talk with here on AR.
It was also an eye-opener to meet and talk with the hunting community at large. I have a lot to digest and plans to make for my first safari. Perhaps we will meet at another time.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
Terry,

It was sure good to meet you after all our discussions and assistance from you. Good luck on your safari, I am sure it will go well.

CFA
Fred

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote