New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selling seats at the fight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Please read the email from Paul Zorn to Barry van Heerden (and cc to half the world).

------------------------------------------------

To: biggamesaf@zol.co.zw <biggamesaf@zol.co.zw>
Date: Friday, April 15, 2005 7:48 PM

Barry
glad to see you have surfaced like a bad penny. I am now giving you an ultimatum: pay back William Mahaffey, my client, his approx US$15000 and my commission thereon within 7 days or I will do my level best to publish this to the world at large as well as pay you a little visit. I am giving you fair warning: the next time I see you you had better have the money in your pocket. I will be publishing as much as I can about you, all your cleptomanic habits as well as everything else I have unearthed about you in the interim. Be sure I will be using my parks contacts to close you down and cancel all these supposed above board deals of yours. You have pissed off the wrong guy I can assure you.
I will be getting affidavits from Ray Atkinson and Jeff Neal as to your dishonesty and thieving ways. And what's more, I look forward to a defamation suit because this e mail is going around the world.
Paul Zorn
-----------------------------------------------

Barry wants a meeting with the Association and Parks Board chairman over the "ration Hunts" fiasco. Paul intends to be there...

There are at least two sides to every story - I have only heard a second hand version of Barry's and I haven't heard Licky Abdullah's verson yet - he was the concession holder.

Not sure If I have Barry's version correct, but it runs something along the lies of - My client had a lion on permit and 4 days to go, when Paul's client -who didn't have a lion on permit shot one and asked if he could mark it off against mine at least until Licky could be contacted for another 21 day permit. Then things went wrong.

For those who want to bet on the outcome. The contestants details are -
Paul Zorn Approaching 50, but taller, wiry strength and a good reputation as a man to have on your side in a brawl. Also has a 15k grudge.
Barry. Nearly 40, and pretty Solid. Certainly gives the impression of someone who could take care of himself (his dad Ron certainly can!). His reputation (and 15K) at stake.

Meeting tentitively booked for tuesday... Big Grin

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting for sure. Keep us posted please, Ganyana, and many thanks for your followups.

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
I have one short statement

may the HONEST man win

Happy days in the land of Robber Bob and his merry black widow spiders ...

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not sure If I have Barry's version correct, but it runs something along the lies of...

I wonder if this is what sometimes is know as a Freudian slip... Eeker

Sorry, could not resist... Razzer

Regards,
Martin Cool

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Too bad that this probably will not be televised!!

I'd put my money on Paul, as it were. Wink Even though he uses solids on buff, I owe him for stumbling across a lion.

Maybe someone will video the event.

jump

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Agreed! This is NOT about personal strength or fighting prowess (hopefully) but about truth and justice. The original "trial by combat" was based on the notion that God would fight on the side of truth. Based on what little I know of the way many of these "trials" turned out, God's notion of "truth" must differ slightly from mine. Interesting to see ol's Ray's name taken in vain!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Ganyana, as usual I am a little confused. Lets assume for a moment that the second hand version from Barry is true... how then does he owe the other client money? From what I read, this client shot a lion without a permit (which I would think would reflect VERY poorly on Mr Zorn? I am assuming that Barry's client had already paid for his lion tag. What am I missing?

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwana - that depends on the truth! Each man has a story and obviously they parted with much bad blood. I suspect I know who is telling pretty much the right story, but at this stage I am not taking sides... I plan to send Will a complementary video and sell copies at $100 a throw to all the Zim PH's who misse it and anybody else who will pay!

Hopefully I will get a reply to my Mail to Licky (the Tanzania Concession Holder) or perhaps Ray will enlighten us.

one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I look forward to an update. Based on the date of Paul's e-mail, this is the last day for Barry to make amends before hell is unleashed!

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ganyana

Any news on the background story to those Brits that turned up to ration hunt yet?

Assuming its the same outfit that sold the hunts, Barry will have to be pretty: a)hard faced b)creative to come out of that meeting with any integrity or credibility intact...

The fact he has asked for the meeting makes you wonder what he has up his sleeve though...

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gayana....evidently this took place in Tanzanian rather than Zim but in either case, wouldn't it be unethetical/wrong/illegal to (1) allow your client to shoot a lion if he didn't have the proper license, (2) attempt to buy/borrow/cheat someone who has a proper permit, and (3) sell/loan such permit if you have one.

If the events took place as you suggest, it appears both parties initially broke or at least badly bent the game laws....perhaps with the best of intentions but .....

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DB if you listen to the reason why Paul thinks he is owed the money you wouldn't believe it was the same country let alone the same safari. I haven't heard one word the same except the clients names.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Today is Tuesday, so what is the latest development on the big fight?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul came to town and paced up and down alot but went home frustrated. Parks board meeting tomorrow with directorate and Zimbabwe Tourism Authority. "The Ration Hunts" are on the Adgenda and a formal statement has been promised by the Board.

one of us
posted Hide Post
CAGE MATCH!!!

Dmascus steel half way up and a .470NE tied to the top of the cage. Each contestant gets one bullet which they have to hold onto during the fracas.

nut

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Ganyana, any updates on this debacle???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting! You folks sure are a rowdy bunch, Ganyana! Big Grin I recall that a few years ago Paul got into a conflict with his brother in law or some such relation and the other guy really bashed up Paul's cruiser in a fit of rage. Big Grin Wish I could have seen that one and I wish I could be there to see Paul take his $15K back....Barry should remember that, as they say in Fight Club, "skinny guys fight 'til they're burger". I doubt Paul is the exception to this rule.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, you wouldn't have wanted to have been there. The assailant was Pauls brother in law, Norman Crooks, Norman was drinking at the time and can be wild when drunk. Paul is lucky to have escaped injury. CHEERS

Posts: 124 | Location: CA | Registered: 19 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John I missed typed this post Norman is Paul's Half brother. CHEERS

Posts: 124 | Location: CA | Registered: 19 December 2004Reply With Quote