THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Geza The Poached Rhino - A tragic ending.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geza The Poached Rhino - A tragic ending.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks this article was sent to me by ZIM PH Peter Barnard who many of you know, with a request to forward it on to as many people as I could. We have all heard and read about the Rhino poaching in SA, but when you read this first person account it truly is shocking. I don't know off hand a 3rd party website where I could have uploaded the PDF file so just uploaded it to my own website from where it can be downloaded and read. Moderators please feel free to reupload the file elsewhere and link it to that if it is more appropriate. I think it should also be made a permanent link if nothing more to preserve the name of the Rhino, whose sad ending will hopefully not be in vain and cause enough stir to ensure that the perpetrators of these acts are caught and hung and that would be a fate too kind! Without my further ranting, here is the link Click on the first link Geza the poached rhino.

I am not sure how to go about it but may I propose an AR fund to aid directly towards Anti Rhino poaching efforts, perhaps Saaed can head this up! I am ready to contribute the first $100 towards this effort.

There are others trying as well as shown in the video below. I don't know who these ladies are in this video and they may well be a rabid anti hunting group, but yet again we hunters are hiding in the face of the media. Where is PHASA and all the other hunters associations of SA? They should have been standing right there with a big bloody banner with every registered PH in SA standing behind it promising death and destruction to the next rhino poacher who is caught.

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
New York

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got it from Pete as well. To say it is shocking is an understatement. Very disturbing.

I will contribute.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Just horrible.

I'm in.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What kind of animals could do this. Soulless barbarians. Kill them all , poachers, buyers, and sellers, white, black, or yellow. The only thing they understand. Just sick.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is disgusting. I have never read something so shocking in my life and I have read some pretty disturbing things in my life.

Catch the poachers, tie them to a tree in the bush, cut their genitals off (so creating a bit of a blood smell) and then let the animals have a feed - hopefully while they are still alive.

And make every other poacher caught watch it with a warning that any poacher caught in future will be tied to a tree and left for the animals to eat ALIVE as payback.

Now considering a lion, leopard, Packs of Hyenas or Wild Dogs are likely to walk around a bit, sniffing the air, checking it's not a trap - and so scare the living daylights out of the poacher who will probably scream like a cut pig (with of course all the best bits caught on video), then the beast will walk up and have a grab at the cut flesh.

Now since the naked poacher has blood dripping from the genital area, this is where they are likely to start eating, which means that the intestines are likely to fall out as soon as a hole is opened up in the poacher. Now we all know that predators like eating the offal first so the likelihood is that the person will have his insides eaten while alive and screaming.

I think that might stop a few of them from poaching.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
505, I like the way you think.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This particular bunch...PLA will next focus on African Lion. Mark my words.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm all for capital punishment of these thugs, just be careful who you allie with. You may very well be their target.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
505:

Ever read about the mafia killer Richard Kucklinski? He did pretty much the same thing except rats were the critters involved. He filmed it.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, I haven't read it.

The idea of mine above came from a book where an SF soldier that was tortured by the VC in Laos / Cambodia except it wasn't animals they used. Very gruesome. Those of you who have read the book will know.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since rhino horn is regenerated and are keratin - same as hair and fingernail

My 2 cents is legalized rhino horn and farm rhino horn - raise rhino is texas australia or any place in africa and sell the damn horn

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just have the fuckwit's that demand it chew their own fingernails. The result in therepuetic value would be the same.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Mindboggling!