THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Difference in Identical 375 H&H from Federal

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Difference in Identical 375 H&H from Federal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Was looking to restock on 375 H&H today, and on the Federal website, was confused as there are what I thought to be 2 identical rounds for the 375 H&H, both in 300gr TBBC.

After doing the compare function, I realized that the difference between the P375T1 and P375T3, is the P375T3 is loaded hotter / faster...

Now: when I go onto Midway, I found another "Federal Premium #: P375T2"... which has me really confused.

Has anyone else noticed this? Am I splitting hairs?

Any one know why all the Premium stuff seems to be on Back-Order until end of summer?

Orvar

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I don't know why there is a difference in the loads but the back order on the premium ammo is probably because the ammo manufacturers are dedicating all their production lines to load all the common cartridges that are in high demand now. The manufacturers aren't going to take their machines down to switch them over to load 375 H&H ammo while they're selling every bit of the common ammunition that they can load now.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
There is always the Federal web site for info:

http://www.federalpremium.com/products/rifle.aspx

T1 and T3 are Bear Claws with different velocities, T2 is SledgeHammer solids.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Federal sells .375 ammo that is called Federal High Energy, as well as its regular federal loads. There is a difference in the two. Similar boxes, but the box will be marked High Energy, if it is indeed that. It's a little faster round. I use them all of the time in Africa. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
No idea on the difference, but if you need 375 H&H TBBC, here is your website:

T1:
http://www.grafs.com/retail/ca...oduct/productId/4233

and T3:
http://www.grafs.com/retail/ca...oduct/productId/4235

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One is the standard velocity .375 (about 2450 FPS chrono in my rifle) with a 300 grain TBBC.

The examples I have of them was the standard loading was nickle cases.

The other is the high energy version.

The High energy ones had P375T3 on the flap, along with the words in smaller print "HIGH ENERGY" They had brass cases with the letters HE on the headstamp.

These chronographed at about 2630 FPS for me.

The standard had P375T1 without the high energy wording, otherwise the boxes were identical.

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2