Find
Notify
Tools

African Hunting DVD for my son
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello all,

My 7 year old son has caught the African bug!! He loves to watch African hunts and I want to continue to foster this love of hunting. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good tasteful hunting DVD? I really appreciate Mr. Boddingtons DVD's, as they are imformative and not full of charging buffalo. He has Season 2 and 3 of Tracks Across Africa, The African Experience, and Hornady's Africa. Much of these videos are Elephant and Buffalo Hunts. He would be more interested in the Plains game.

Any opinions would be appreciated,

Thanks as always,

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even though it's another buffalo video, you can't go wrong with the Mountain Buffalo DVD featuring Rainer Josch. It's the best African hunting video I've seen. It focuses on the hunt instead of the kill (but there are some kills), and it was filmed in a fairly unique part of Tanzania.

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Take a peek at 30 Days in Zimbabwe. A young hunter has captured two two-week plains game safaris one of which includes a leopard. 30 Days in Zimbabwe

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
I have a few that he might like. If you want i could copy them and send to you.

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Get him the Ruark/Selby one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trouthunterdj:
Hello all,

My 7 year old son has caught the African bug!! He loves to watch African hunts and I want to continue to foster this love of hunting. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good tasteful hunting DVD? I really appreciate Mr. Boddingtons DVD's, as they are imformative and not full of charging buffalo. He has Season 2 and 3 of Tracks Across Africa, The African Experience, and Hornady's Africa. Much of these videos are Elephant and Buffalo Hunts. He would be more interested in the Plains game.

Any opinions would be appreciated,

Thanks as always,

ddj

trouthunterdj -

What you are looking for is exactly what I'm in the business of building. I have gotten together with another member of this board to produce an African hunting DVD series about sharing the African hunting experience across the generations regardless of age. I don't want to step on anyone's toes by getting into it too much in the open, but you've got a private message coming your way.

Posts: 159 | Location: Bellevue, NE, USA | Registered: 05 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I cannot recommend any African hunting film more highly than In the Blood.

Seven might be a bit young for it, but maybe not. You'll never know until you watch it with him.

And if he is a bit young for it, then just wait a couple of years.

It's worth it.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really appreciate Mr. Boddingtons DVD's, as they are imformative and not full of charging buffalo.

ddj:

"I really appreciate Mr. Boddingtons DVD's, as they are imformative and not full of charging buffalo."

If its action you (your son) wants then you ought to buy the entire series by MS - no end to charging buffalo and the likes. stir

Posts: 307 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 19 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 20 May 2010 04:29 Hide Post
Get him the Ruark/Selby one.

absolutely
then buzz charltons elephant one is good as are the capsticks ones

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guy,

I have to admit the the members of AR are First class!

I appreciate all the opinions.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Your son's Boddington dvds are great choices as are the others mentioned above.

There is quite a bit of plains game hunting in Marc Watts' several dvds.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Anything by Hunter's Video is good, I recommend all of them.

However you will have to buy a DVD player that is multi region.

www.huntersvideo.dk

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote