New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun tool
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have historically brought a small box with miscellaneous tools to be used in the case of gun issues. Frankly, it is a pain in the backside.

I have just come across something in the September issue of Petersen's Hunting. It is something like a Leatherman except it has various tools to work on guns. It is $24.99. I bought 4 of them. I like it and will be carrying it in the future.

The website is www.getguntool.com

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I bought one also cool.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will check it out. I leave in 1 week and I just put together my standard bunch of tools rolled up in a rag and stuck in a ziplock bag, gun kit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neat idea. Available at Amazon, just ordered mine.
http://www.amazon.com/Real-Avi...-2&keywords=gun+tool

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting, but what is the quality?
Doesn't do any good if it's a P.O.S.
Hopefully it's good stuff, I sure could use a couple of them myself.
Please inform.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of edholum
posted Hide Post
I enjoy my Real Avid gun tool. Seems to be high quality so far- a couple of the tools are so tight it was difficult to get them out at first. They don't lock either so caution when using the blade. But I would recommend this tool for most gun cleaning/travel kits.

"Conservation through Hunting"

Posts: 260 | Location: SE South Dakota | Registered: 20 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up Larry. I leave for Moz. in a month and will certainly have this tool with me.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great idea! I'm going to get one for me and maybe one or two for presents.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
$25 for a niche tool?
Where is it made?
Chinese crap, I'm guessing.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All you really need is a screwdriver handle and bits specific to your gun. Brownells sells top quality tools. They offer a scredriver that takes quarter inch bits. Handel is hollow and will hold about a half dozen bits. I dislike combo tools. Seems like they are always missing something you need or what you need on them breaks right away and the whole thing is useless. With a driver handle and bits you can carry exactly what you need and if you break a bit you out a couple bucks instead of the cost of the whole combo tool.

Scroll all the way down the hollow handle is the last one on the page.

driver handle

Any bit you might need.

Bits

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll give a report when I get it. Seems pretty inexpensive for what it does.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got one. It's pretty handy for something to throw in your day pack for those moments of mechanical misfortune in the field.

When I saw the title of this thread "Gun tool" my first thought was, hey I know that guy! Wink

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I've read good and bad reports on it. I'll wait until more of you give it either the thumbs up or thumbs down. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Surestrike said +1

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$17 on amazon bought 2 got free shipping I figure I'll bring it to Africa

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting and timely subject. I head out to Zim next Sunday and obviously put together my tools. I was wondering if people could add their past tool list to their discussion of this new tool.

I bring a multi head screwdriver and bits for my scopes and to take my stock off if need be. That and a leatherman is all I bring. I don't have the experience level of most here so I'm looking to learn the easy way for once.

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
I bought one when they first came out, trying to lessen the bulk that I normally carry (hey, no jokes about my waistline). The tool does work, but found I needed a couple more bits for my aggregate of rifles, specifically in hex wrenches. Also, the screwdriver bits on mine were a little thick for some screwslots. I stoned them down and things work better now.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I've read good and bad reports on it. I'll wait until more of you give it either the thumbs up or thumbs down. Big Grin

for $20, who cares? the choke wrench and a few other items are worth that. for that price i don't expect perfection- only something that fills a few basic needs.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amen Jdollar. If It gets me out of a problem once I'll be satisfied.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got mine. It is bigger than I expected, but apears well made. One torx driver is a bit wobbly though. Well worth the $20 bucks IMHO

One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Received one yesterday and have mixed opinions. It's large and unwieldy and a bit awkward to use. Plus, the pin removal, choke tube, and knife blade will more than likely see no use. I'll take a smaller screwdriver and tool set instead of this one. The "Deginated Driver" is a better tool IMO.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote