New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Steve Turner at TWG.....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wanted to give a public thanks to Steve at Travel With Guns. So he books my flight to Namibia over 3 months ago, Midland-Dallas-Atlanta-JBurg. I get an automated call from American Airlines last night at 8:45pm telling me my midland to Dallas flight for 8am tomorrow morning had been canceled, and to call the automated number they gave me to reschedule. I try the number, the machine promptly tells me they are experiencing a high volume of calls and to try again later. By now I've got a rather helpless feeling coming over me, and the wheels start turning. Maybe 10 minutes later I get a phone call from Steve Turner, telling me I'm already booked and confirmed on the only flight available that won't totally screw up the rest of my schedule. He tells me to show up and get on the plane, done deal.

IMHO, this is but one valuable reason to enlist the services of Travel With Guns, or Kathi at Wild Travel. Steve saved the day for me.......Thank you Steve.

BTW, the people checking my rifle never asked about the ITN# (which I have), and I didn't offer. Bags and rifle were checked all the way through to J'burg

In this Dayana age of increasing horrid customer service, I thought a public attaboy was appropriate.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Well done Steve. And have a great hunt JG.

Not hunting, but my wife and I received the same type of call, from American, for our trip to France a couple of years ago...AS WE WERE HEADED TO THE AIRPORT! We had a dingy travel agent and I had to rattle her cage pretty hard to do her job. When your trip is going down the tubes rapidly you want action, not a "chatty Kathy". It all worked out though.

Safe travels.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
My wife and I used TWG for our 2014 trip to SA and no doubt will use Steve in future trips

It's superior service like Steve and others provide that make a trip far less stressful

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
Good news. Have a great hunt!

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Travel with Guns way to go Steve..... Bobby going back and make the shot.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is the sort of news we all like to hear.

Well done Steve.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68600 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Steve Turner has always done an excellent job for me and is without a doubt my "go to" travel agent to get to the remote corners of the world... have a great hunt JG!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7557 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve Turner will get it done. tu2

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
If Steve is good enough for Russell and Jay, he is good enough for me too.

Mike

Posts: 21643 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
I will join the love fest also. If he is good enough for Russell, Jay, and Mike he is good enough for me.

I actually just booked my third trip with him. Went with Air France to Lusaka in the Premium Economy class. a little more money, more room, separate cabin etc.

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/...m_economy_a_bord.htm

A little longer flight, will have to suffer through 14 hours in Paris during the day......

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
I literally had Steve on the phone when the plane I was on had a computer meltdown that was going to make me miss my Atlanta to Joberg flight. He was ready with an alternate flight by the time I could have deplaned. I will use nobody else!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I have known and used Steve for a few years now. He is top notch.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1262 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I've used Steve for a number of years as well. He definitely stays on top of things and is there when you have a problem. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve's always done a great job for me on the last 3 or 4 trips, I lose count. Calling him tomorrow on this year's.

Posts: 10307 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
he does all my flights after trying lots of other well knowns i have to say he is the best i have worked with by far - biggest thing is he answers his phone at any time and is usually a step ahead when there is a problem with a flight -

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good on you Steve Turner. Great job.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser
Sabatti "trash" Double Shooter

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same experience Steve resolved an issue with a missed flight to Jo Burg. He was able to convince SAA to free up 2 business class tickets on the direct flight from JFK to joburg. I would have been unable to get that done. I would never use anyone else.

Posts: 172 | Location: Vero Beach Florida | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will join the love fest also. If he is good enough for Russell, Jay, and Mike he is good enough for me.

Uh-oh.... hope nobody starts calling me Pondoro!

Lord I apologize...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7557 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote