THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    buff on the cover o the latest sports afield

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

buff on the cover o the latest sports afield
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody that has the last copy of sports afield with the buff on the cover. is that a mature buff or young? The face and ears suggest some miles, but I don't know enough about the horns, it looks like they are still growing, I don't know how to describe it.

Thanks.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dago Red:
Anybody that has the last copy of sports afield with the buff on the cover. is that a mature buff or young? The face and ears suggest some miles, but I don't know enough about the horns, it looks like they are still growing, I don't know how to describe it.

Thanks.
Red

Yes that buff is fully mature! his face is bald, and the bosses have grown together. The wear on the boss is smooth. His horns don't drop a lot, which has protected his horn tips from breakage. Another clue is the skin on the brisket is highly rinkeled that comes with some age. He isn't acient, but he's no yearling either! A nice buff, and he's been in a scrap or two! If it were the first day, I wouldn't take him, in a good area,uless I had a license for two or three, but he shouldn't show himself on the last day, for sure! Wink

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mac, I just didn't know about the horns, they looked all fibrous. But he definitely has a face with a lot of character.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote