Notify
Tools

Clothing for Plains Game Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted,

That'll work, no problems.

If you take a fleece, make sure it has a wind proof liner....and hard faced fleece is better if you are going to actually hunt in it. The thorns will tear normal fleece to ribbons.....as well as nylon type "tropical" shirts Big Grin

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Funny

No special cloths or luggage

Even my rifle is an ugly composite stocked 700 ADL that has as much rust as it does bluing

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
I'm going to treat it like the states in late fall and wear the cloths I wear here

Yeah wear clothes that you would wear here,....while riding in the back of a pick-up truck. Once you get off the truck and get to walking around, it doesn't really matter what you are wearing. However in the back of truck at first light, it can be chilly!!!

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to figure this out for myself.

I prefer synthetics when hiking in the states, but am buying into the program that one should wear cotton on safari.

Have bought and worn the redhead (bass pro shops) convertible all cotton pant (zip legs). Like them and will be taking them. Also have a columbia bonehead shirt - for fishing but comes in sage which is kind of a muddy green and is also all cotton.

Hope this is helpful. Still looking for another option or two for shirts if anyone has a good reccomendation.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote