New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSC planning
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm a newb at the DSC show this year. I'll be arriving Wednesday night, a few people I need to see early in the show. My question is, should I plan on going all four days, or is that overkill? I am traveling with a friend, and we are trying to make tentative plans for when to start driving back to South Dakota.
Other than visiting exhibitors, how much time needs to be left for other parts of the event?

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I'd stay through Saturday and drive home Sunday. There is plenty to see. Besides, you should really attend the Saturday night AR party.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
I'd stay through Saturday and drive home Sunday. There is plenty to see. Besides, you should really attend the Saturday night AR party.

There are lots of thing to do in Big D and the Saterday night AR party is a must.

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Marty, there is a lot to see and plenty of folks to talk to, but I think staying for four days will leave you a little bored. I think the suggestion of going Thursday, Friday and Saturday would suffice. Just my opinion. I am planning to be there Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday, that is more than enough time at the show.

Mike

Posts: 21698 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Going with an agenda will help. Wanting to make connections with a specific someone will only take a few minutes or until they finish with a prospective client. Definitely come and meet the guys Saturday nite AR get together.

Welcome,

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really like the show, but I can't imagine spending more than a day or two at the show itself, unless I had a long list of outfitters I wanted to talk with. However, the evening events may make it worth staying more days in Dallas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Four days for ANY reason in Dallas is boring!! The only thing that might be great for 4 days in Dallas would be to watch the Cowboys lose four straight games in four days. Smiler If I ever get a chance to go to DSC, I will spend ALL four days at the Show.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
My wife (also a hunter) and I are very excited about attending the DSC Convention for the first time this year.

Hope to meet some of the members of the AR forum. Is the Saturday evening dinner invitational only?

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
SF no, just come on over and put some names to faces. All are welcome. Maybe again the DSC will make a hospitality room available to us at the DSC to meet and chew the fat.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
This my ninth year in a row attending the show. Four days is not enough for me. I have made many friends over the years and really enjoy meeting them again and making new friends.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Retreever. I read in another post that DSC has given a room to the AR forum members.

Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the downtown area you could go to the book depository. Theres a JFK museum there. You can also go on top of reunion tower. Both of these are pretty cheap ways to kill a few hours.

Posts: 167 | Location: Mckinney, TX | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sat evening is just a cocktail party at the Comfort Inn on Stemmons Fwy. everyone welcome retreever just passes the hat and he is very good at that I may add. Thanks, Mike for doing the hard lifting. tu2

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
That "retreever" is a good guy old

DRSS

Posts: 2279 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote