New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recomendations for hunting Namibia
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am thinking of taking my youngest on her first safari. I have hunted Zim many times and thought that Namibia would give her a chance to take some animals that we don't have. Please advise on a good place to hunt.

Thanks

Posts: 263 | Location: New York | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
We hunted with Van Heerden Safaris based in Windhoek. Good guy, great animals, reasonable prices. He's got a internet site.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Check with Karl who posts regularly on this site. He has a great leopard pic posted here in the last few days

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think you could go wrong with Fulton Classic Safaris.

Good animals, nice tented camps for the real feel of Africa with safety and security at the same time.

Great people to work with too.

Contact Wendell Reich with Hunters Quest and he can make sure everything is taken care of.

My wife went with me and had the time of her life. Your daughter will too.

Good luck and have fun in whatever you do!

Posts: 105 | Location: Missoula MT | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What have you got on your mind? Tented camp or lodge? Easy riding or tough stalking? ?????

Posts: 194 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark T:
I don't think you could go wrong with Fulton Classic Safaris.

Good animals, nice tented camps for the real feel of Africa with safety and security at the same time.

Great people to work with too.

QUOTE]

+1

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We are looking for a hunt done mainly on foot. I don't mind using the truck to get from place to place, but not for shooting game. All of my hunting in Zim has been done on foot and I want my daughter to experience the same.

Posts: 263 | Location: New York | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jochen Hein (and before him his Dad Fritz) has been in the business for a very long time, longer than almost anyone else, and he prefers to hunt on foot. 1.5 hours from the airport, has all the major species, clean comfortable guest quarters, very reasonable pricing.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I would have a couple of options for you as well. Namibia is a great place to take a child or the whole family hunting, nearly all of the hunting outfits there are familiy run and very accommodating.

~Ann

Posts: 19548 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Claude Thorburn is top notch and will definitely give you the "on foot" hunting experience. I've huntied with him 3 times and have been more than happy. A couple of other folks here have hunted with Claude as well so they may chime in to confirm. Rates are reasonable and service is top of the line.

Claude's email is: claude@iway.na
Telephone: 264 61 257 166

K

Posts: 211 | Location: West of the Big Muddy | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Two or three years ago I hunted at Farm Felseneck in Namibia. The PH/manager used to post here but I haven't seen him on the board for a while. I went on a recommendation from another AR member and had a great time. I can recommend this operation.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Check with Karl who posts regularly on this site. He has a great leopard pic posted here in the last few days

I've hunted in Namibia with Karl_S (Karl Stumpfe of Ndumo Safaris) and enjoyed it very much.

Because I was also hunting in Zimbabwe later I mainly wanted to hunt plains game and in particular the Kalahari with Karl for Springbok and Gemsbok, but also took Warthog and Hartebeest as well. Plenty of other species I could of taken especially some exceptional steenbok but sadly didn't!

I know Karl also has areas to hunt dangerous game in Namibia if that is what you are after.

I do intend to hunt Namibia as well as the country seems very stable and organised.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Mike Kibble of Progress Safaris.

He has a fantastic concession in the Kalahari, my mate and I both took 40"+ Oryx bulls and I took a 16" and 17.5" Springbok.

We also took 55" and 58" Kudu bulls and his Hartebeest are the county's best..........

Mountain Zebra in the Khomas Hochland is a real nice hunt as well.

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm headed there in abuot a week and a half and will be back the middle of May. I'll be posting a report shortly there after. Will be in NW Namib humting with Sebra.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote