THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    I am done and am leaving this forum. BYE all!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am done and am leaving this forum. BYE all!
 Login/Join

not one of us
posted
Feel free to hit the ignore button. To respond to this or any other post with whatever drivel you wish.
I am done.
You are mostly close minded individuals who wish to live in a false reality but that is cool. To each their own.
I won't be responding TO ANY MORE posts or even logging in to the forum.
There were one or two of you whom for a moment displayed some level of intelligence but when that faded so did my desire to communicate.
Wish you all the best of luck and
HAPPY HUNTING

C

Posts: 451 | Location: no where | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
About time hope you took mortie with you.Its no wonder marlin talk folded with you idiots as members.

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mr308win-----I hope your intention was not to paint all who came from the Marlin/NEF forum with the same brush with that ferverant statement "you idiots on the Marlin forum".
The 30-06 is good for Moose, but have never shot a "squill" with one...SB

Posts: 42 | Location: middleburg, fl | Registered: 19 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the "you" in his statement was referring to Carmelo and Mortie. I didn't take it as broad brush stroke against all former Marlin forum members.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
If history is any indicator, he'll be back soon using a different name.

one of us
posted Hide Post
correct I meant the 2 trolls.

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Funny, my computer screen STILL says,

**** You are ignoring this user ****

Posts: 289 | Location: Denver, Colorado | Registered: 16 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
It amazes me how internet forums gang up.I know nothing about this one,but if anything of value was given,then Bye and thank you.

Jusy my opinion.Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jayco,

Take your time. (allow 30-45 minutes)

Dig deep. (about 2-3 weeks will do it)

Read long. (Just search "Carmelo")

Draw your own conclusions.....

..... I'm betting you'll be adding your name to the list.

This community didn't get riled up for no reason.

Good Luck and Good Hunting,

EKM

Posts: 289 | Location: Denver, Colorado | Registered: 16 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jayco,
I have visited this site for several years now. I do not contribute very much, but I read and have learned a great deal. I also know that there are some very fine men and women that do contribute most every day to the benfit of all of us. Please don't be quick to judge. Bryan

Posts: 583 | Location: keene, ky | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
good !

Posts: 202 | Location: davenport, iowa | Registered: 31 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt_E
posted Hide Post
Jayco....Carmelo was being an ass all the way. You haven't exactly proven yourself on 24HCF either.

Posts: 9130 | Location: US of A | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, this sounds very familiar, another loss...

Just out of curiosity, I have been asking around about some of you less than friendly "members" of this "forum"... In the true sense of the word "forum", this group doesn't qualify. Fraternity of hardened, inflexible dicks who are "legends in their own minds" (dime a dozen, comes to mind) mixed with some African Safari Hunter wannabees, with a small percentage (probably about 10 to 15%) of real sportsmen and sportswomen who valiantly work to keep this site afloat...

Fortuneately, there are other venues that provide a much more friendly environment in which to discuss our passion for the shooting sports. I have had several personal messages since my post RE: "what an embarrassment most of you are", confirming my declarations. Each time one of you mean, hard-headed types make a negative response, you keep reinforcing my statements as fact. Keep up the hard line, you are getting fewer and fewer by the day...

Me...I'll stick around and watch "the legends" bury yourselves in BS. There is still some here who truly care and are worth the effort to glean off some info and knowledge, but they are getting few indeed...

If the truth hurts, you might want to ask yourself why? If you give a damn about anything, but yourself, and your damn ego...can't wait to read the responses to this, too bad you can't take a wiser man's advice and leave this type of thing alone...you're just too predictable...

RHS

Posts: 180 | Location: Mt. Vernon,Ohio, USA | Registered: 14 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt_E
posted Hide Post
Thing is, you don't come into a new home (After the tragic Marlin loss) and start pissing on the carpet, and expect cordiality.
I believe that was the major issue.

Posts: 9130 | Location: US of A | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Well, I just added another "member" to my ignore list.

one of us
posted Hide Post
RHS,

I think your post is way overboard. You�ve only been on these forums for a short time (at least as a registered user). You came in at a time when the trolls were really becoming a problem on this site. The old hands here were getting fed up with it and tempers flaired at times. But, don�t rush to be so judgmental. Frankly, your post here stoops to the level of the trolls. Why so insulting? Can�t we be civil here?

I�ve been a registered user on this site for 3 years now. Until the recent problems with all of the trolls (especially Carmelo you was the worst I�ve seen so far) I have found these forums to be mainly comprised of very friendly and helpful people.

I responded to your other thread about hunting Bushbuck where I found your inquiry to be seemingly genuine. Now I see here where you post such hateful words towards the users of this forum. You may not agree with what some of the other users have said and done here, which is your right, but I think your post was out of line.

Sincerely,

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike:

I'm with you, if they know it all like RHS and Carmelo, why bother to come here? RHS just made #5 on my ignore list and I didn't even have one before last week.

Wonder who he's been asking about the members of this site? Are we that famous? Well, I knew I was a legend in bed....but I kept that to myself....

Too bad I won't be able to see his response. Nah....not really.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You won't be missed.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is #5 on the "ignore" list!

Personally, while I do get a sense of fraternity at this forum, I am NOT exactly looking for equality --- more like mentorship of sorts. Many here have been and done what I want to do --- a lot can be learned. In the process, it is relevant to know ones "place" to prevent mis-information.

If you haven't been there and done it, then you're a newbie and that is just the way it is. If you're a newbie, then you can watch, listen, and learn --- after a while you might even know the "talk" and that should help on the first trip. But IMHO, until you've actually done it, you are hardly fit to pontificate to the world the "rights & wrongs" and the "how-to-do-its" --- the stakes, both in money and physically well being are just too high for B.S.

Some folks resent an apprenticeship of any sort.

Good Luck and Good Hunting,
EKM

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Yep, this sounds very familiar, another loss...

Just out of curiosity, I have been asking around about some of you less than friendly "members" of this "forum"... In the true sense of the word "forum", this group doesn't qualify. Fraternity of hardened, inflexible dicks who are "legends in their own minds" (dime a dozen, comes to mind) mixed with some African Safari Hunter wannabees, with a small percentage (probably about 10 to 15%) of real sportsmen and sportswomen who valiantly work to keep this site afloat...

Fortuneately, there are other venues that provide a much more friendly environment in which to discuss our passion for the shooting sports. I have had several personal messages since my post RE: "what an embarrassment most of you are", confirming my declarations. Each time one of you mean, hard-headed types make a negative response, you keep reinforcing my statements as fact. Keep up the hard line, you are getting fewer and fewer by the day...

Me...I'll stick around and watch "the legends" bury yourselves in BS. There is still some here who truly care and are worth the effort to glean off some info and knowledge, but they are getting few indeed...

If the truth hurts, you might want to ask yourself why? If you give a damn about anything, but yourself, and your damn ego...can't wait to read the responses to this, too bad you can't take a wiser man's advice and leave this type of thing alone...you're just too predictable...

RHS

RHS

This is such bullshit.

In your "embarresment" thread you said a number of things, including calling me " the biggest asshole of them all" because you took a humourus thread I posted -completely out of context.

FWIW, I've been called worse things than an 'asshole,' and to be called such by somebody I have never met or had any interaction with previously....Well, I don't really care too much about it. But, hell, I like to beat a dead horse as much as the next guy, so...

An honourable man would have said- "sorry, I didn't get the joke..." Let's start again and be friends...Which I 100% guarantee you that everyone here would have reacted to in a favourable manner.

Instead, you made up a BS post about "this is how you test the people you are dealing with."

Not surprisingly, many of us saw through your BS and responded accordingly.

I am no 'legend" and I have never even been to Africa, although I hope to got there in the next couple of years..I have spent a bit of time in the BC bush, so I think that I am not a 'wannabe,' outdoorsman. There are many more skilled than I, and many less skilled, too..

I've been here at AR for a long time, like many others. It always seems that when someone posts the "I'M LEAVING, YOU GUYS SUCK" topic, that they are just crying for attention. They usually surface a little while later under a new name, anyway.

If someone doesn't like the climate here, why do they not just leave without the fanfare? AR will not suffer-Saeed has to keep upgradign the software to deal with the growing membership, which is the largest on the internet for hunting sites, as far as I can see.

So go cry somewhere else about the ill treatment you have had at AR. I'm sure that you'll find a shoulder somewhere...

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello mr308win: Interesting criticism! I do not know either of you gentlemen but I do recognize adisputatious proclivity. You seem to possess this mannerism though this poster my deserve your wrath!!!. I'm going to watch you!! Like you I'm sure, such behavior is easy for me to ascertain. I'm sure the moderators or forum members want open and fair debate between conciencious and informed members for the profit of this medium of "open" discussion. If you have friends here on "OUR" forum I hope you would engage me on your own merits. A club mentality will just put me on your scent like a bloodhound. I'm easy to track here on Accuratereloading. I have been here for years as Hardley06. You'll find me here and about and there is foder for critisism. I hope I'm glad to meet you. My motive is just to many years of watching self-serving, pompous, grandiose, fellows bully others by rabble-rousing, and deliberate harrassement with only their own selfish gains of interest to them. Often this is done just to make the agitator feel better about themselves with no regard to the poor fellow being beat down. Maybe I am way off base but I saw no distress by you for your open hostility toward another Rifleman when we need continuity amoung us as a whole in today's anti-hunting-gun environment. Some little feller some years ago said "divide and conquer." The reciprical is unity through acceptance which is poweful stuff in my humble opinion. I'm ready so fire away. Hardley06 good Day and Safe Hunting!

Posts: 24 | Location: Medford, Or. | Registered: 10 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello Riflemen: Matt E: This ain't your house!!! It is "OUR" forum and you have exactly no more weight here than I do. Got it! You are just one of many, probably not as smart as some and maybe smarter than others. Maybe smarter than I. That was bait, or a test, to see just how smart you areSmiler Are you a special man? How so? I know some here that are but just what do you bring to the table of fair, honest, group prosperity? Are you experienced enough in so many skills that you can command total forum aptness? If this is true please explain in exact detail your skills that allow you your self-claimed seat of forum rebuffer.
Are you insightful beyond the normal Riflman's capabilities? Are you brighter, or maybe better educated? Are you related to Elmer Keith? Sorry, that was uncalled for. Can you debate me with fact and science to prove me an idiot? I'm willing and more. Maybe you can convince me this "your" home and not mine. I would like to read that argument!
How dare you tell someone that you have almost no information on that they are not welcome in your "imaginary" home. I'll hold back on the adjectives for the good of the forum but you might guess what they are. I'm for promoting long term good gun and hunting friendships and growing unity in a world of increasing condemnation of our sport. You sir are a detrimentally negitive parasite to this cause in my opinion. Division among those of same cause is foolish and should be brought the attention of firearm forums anywhere it is found. In your defense I'm easy to find and easy to confront. Like a few others here, I'm watching you! Hardley06

Posts: 24 | Location: Medford, Or. | Registered: 10 August 2002Reply With Quote