THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Nobody is going over the Sierra's to SCI today!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nobody is going over the Sierra's to SCI today!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted
The next wave of this big storm system is rolling into California's central valley right now. Winds are already steady around 40 mph, with forecasts saying they're headed above 50 later in the day. The rain hasn't hit yet, but we're told to expect around 2" today.

The Sierra's are said to be total whiteout conditions, and if Highways 60 and 50 nare not already closed, they soon will be.

This storm is a whopper!

Posts: 3909 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the Reno Airport has stayed open?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
I just got to my room in Reno. 80 was slow going but doable. 4x4 with off road tires, I didn't have to chain up. Weather may detiorate tonight though.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Actually, the weather is supposed to get better for the next few days, sunny on Saturday and Sunday. Monday is supposed to be another big storm though.

I'm very glad the roads will be good this weekend, as I learned last night that the Vincent's (whom Saeed hunts with) are coming to visit on Sunday & Monday, so they'll have nice highways to travel over.

Posts: 3909 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote