THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Crocodile 'kills, eats 8-year-old boy'

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crocodile 'kills, eats 8-year-old boy'
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.news24.com/Africa/Z...ear-old-boy-20170316

Crocodile 'kills, eats 8-year-old boy'

2017-03-16 12:46

News24 Correspondent

Harare - A crocodile in northern Zimbabwe has allegedly killed and eaten an 8-year-old child, it was claimed on Thursday.

Grim footage of what appear to be human remains being recovered from the crocodile has been posted to YouTube by online news outlet Bulawayo24.

The footage, which News24 has seen, shows men slitting open the crocodile and retrieving human parts from its belly. These are then placed on a grey blanket next to the dead animal.

See pictures here.

Onlookers watch the grim operation, their arms folded. A policeman can be seen watching.

Bulawayo24 reporter Simbarashe Sithole said that the incident happened on Monday in Mushumbi, Mashonaland Central. "The crocodile was shot on Tuesday and was then cut open. The boy's remains were found in the beast's stomach."

"A source told Bulawayo24.com that the young boy's remains were buried on Wednesday," Sithole wrote.

There were no more details on the tragedy, which has not yet been confirmed by the authorities.

Rains have recently been pounding Zimbabwe, causing flooding in the south of the country and rising river and dam levels elsewhere. This can mean that they shift location to places where they are not normally seen.

Earlier this month a crocodile shot dead by rangers in Beatrice was found with what were presumed to be the remains of a fishermen inside its stomach.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9479 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT6Q0DGNX_8

Video of the incident.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://bulawayo24.com/index-id...onal-byo-106399.html

Link to photos.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last year, I spoke to a local when we were loading up after a croc hunt near Kanyemba. He told me that on average, 50 deaths by croc were reported to the police in that area alone on the Zim side of the river on an annual basis. It is unfortunate but it happens a lot.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That isn't too uncommon, happens a lot..I recall walking the river looking at Hippo and found lungs and heart and head of a child, the PH told me that boy had been killed by croc some day earlier. We took the parts to the village and left them with the parents..He told me that with a small child a croc does his death role and the internal organs and some parts are thrown out the crocs mounth. I recall how extremely emotional it was in the village when we returned the parts, and how quickly it ended and life went on as usual..but that's Africa.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote