THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Arusha, Tanzania - Recommendations for February Photo Safari?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arusha, Tanzania - Recommendations for February Photo Safari?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
My neice will be working in Arusha this coming year, and her parents plan to visit in February. They are looking for recommendations for an outfitter for a photo safari. They already know that February is not an ideal time of year, but that is when they can go.

Thanks.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3832 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check with Tanzania Wildlife Co...last I knew, they also arranged Photo Safaris,,,,make sure Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire NP are on tour!!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,
February is the best time to see the migration in the Southern Serengeti. Tarangire is NOT great at this time as grass is high and the plains game (followed by the predators) pour out of the park. Ngorongoro is an expensive "must see" - en-route to the Serengeti - for a half day trip with an overnight at - I suggest Plantation Lodge in Karatu town.

Contact Nathan or Steve Simonsen at sss@habari.co.tz They are the best "value for money" operator and extremely flexible to plan a safari with. They will be in good hands.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote