Tools

Pedersoli Double Downs Nyati
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted
Guests

Dare I mention .45/70

Just to pass on that we had a client from Union City TN take a cape buff yesterday in Zambia using his [ blackpowder ] Pedersoli Kodiak Mark IV Double Express .45/70 . I dont know the hunt details yet but it seems the job was accomplished very well ...

The client also overnighted @ Afton Guest House near Jo-burg airport prior to flying out to Livingstone, Afton did the meet greet clearance as well with their heads up service as per usual

Regards, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Well done, Peter. How about a photo?

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Not yet, Dan, I am not going over this year <sob>. There is a moose with my name on it next month but I have big plans for next year though.

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, did you get to shoot mbogo yet with your 45-70?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heresy I say, pure heresy! By the way, I did spell that correctly didn't I??

Does this mean that all those historical accounts of 577/450 Martini single shots(BP military loads) killing buffalo are true? Who would ever have believed that!

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

If you want to take me up on the Garrett ammo offer, just say let me know.

I took a gentleman cow moose hunting, and after he got his cow we endured 5 or 6 bluff charges (never closer than 25 yards) from the cow's boyfriend. He did not want us going near the carcass.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Here we go again

Another .45/70 buffalo thread

Bring the popcorn and beer

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Hog Killer

Yeah, Butch is with Dixie Gun Works, has been there for a number of years. Dixie GW has recently had their 50th anniversary since it was founded by Turner E Kirkland whom passed away in 1997.

Regards, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote