Find
Notify
Tools

HHK
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
Someone told me today that HHK had been sold recently and that Lou Hallamore was back with them. Rumor or true?

Mike

Posts: 21656 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I remember someone mention that he is guiding for them as a free lance PH.

Not involved financially.

Not sure how true this is though.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68609 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike

Unless something changed in the last few days while I was fishing that is not the case. HHK now has as far as I understand it Omay North and South and Dande South.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
HHK now has as far as I understand it Omay North and South

Uh, oh. Pieters doesn't have the omay anymore?

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago at the DSC Convention, I had a conversation with Lou. From what he told me about his association with HHK and Graham I would be supprised if he would be associated with them.

Posts: 791 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Was there not an article posted that they defaulted with their bank and all assets were liquidated at auction recently?

Mac

Posts: 1746 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is what I thought.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good riddance.

Posts: 20156 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Hey Mike

Unless something changed in the last few days while I was fishing that is not the case. HHK now has as far as I understand it Omay North and South and Dande South.

I was told that the same petroleum company that got Chewore South (Trek Petroleum or something) also got Dande South and that Barry Van Heerden would be managing it as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37728 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got Information that Graham from HHK is now in Partnership with an Austrian Investor.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
I got Information that Graham from HHK is now in Partnership with an Austrian Investor.

Not you by any chance? Cool

Posts: 2030 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Not sure about names, but if it is the same lot who have been running it the past few years, I would stay clear of them.

Were they not the ones who were transferring quotas from from one concession to another??

Posts: 68609 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone know who has Deka Druma and Tail? Hear HHK had them?

Saeed, I heard a few years back when Matetsi 3 burnt, quota transfered to one of the Deka areas.

Posts: 47 | Location: zim | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Unless something has very recently changed...Nengasha (Paul Bennie) had Deka Tail.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37728 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Just spoke with him...Paul still has Deka Tail.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
I just received an e-mail from Graham Hingeston as I am a past client. It included HHK's 2017/2018 Newsletter which spelled out their concessions and new partner.

The newsletter highlights are:

Graham has taken on a new partner named Martin Neuper

They have taken over Full Management and Marketing for Omay North and South

They have just renewed Dande South for another 10 year term

They signed a lease and started hunting late in the 2017 season the Mukwisha- Chewore Area

They have signed a full management contract to operate and run the Savuli Ranch in the Save.

They will continue their joint venture with Hunters and Guides in the Deka Safari Area.

If anyone would like a copy of the newsletter, PM your e-mail and I'll send.

Posts: 564 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Wasn't HHK Safaris a darling here a few years ago?

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duckear: So was Martin Pieters

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobmn:
Duckear: So was Martin Pieters

Yes.

Sad the way things turned out isn’t it?

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I received an E-Mail from Martin a couple days ago. He stated he had a couple new areas.

Posts: 2674 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
I received an E-Mail from Martin a couple days ago. He stated he had a couple new areas.

I think I would need some serious answers from him before I even consider hunting with him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sad the way things turned out isn’t it?

Sad for all the people he screwed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am confused. I thought HHK crashed and burned. Aren't they the company that had their assets sold by a lender at auction? I personally overheard conversations involving their PHs where the Phs stated they were not getting paid.

Some of the area they supposedly have now are awful areas. At least one, while tiny, used to be fantastic. Emphasis on used to be. I suspect, but do not know, that the area is no where near what it used to be for a variety of factual reasons. It was subject to the land invasions. Then some South Africans hunted it. Then the original operator hunted it again. Now to HHK? Hmmmmmm........

Caveat emptor.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, probably not much different than seeing companies over here going broke and next thing you know they've started up a new business.

But those folks usually at least change the company name. Big Grin

Posts: 222 | Location: Peculiar, MO | Registered: 19 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
What is the latest on Dande South?? --- We are looking at a Buff hunt there in 2019??
Also -- is HHK upright and breathing or?? Seems they may have become a "used to be"??

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodmnctry:
What is the latest on Dande South?? --- We are looking at a Buff hunt there in 2019??
Also -- is HHK upright and breathing or?? Seems they may have become a "used to be"??

May be you should look to hunting with someone else.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Martin Neuper in 2016 when he was with KMG Safaris. He struck me as an incredibly skilled and dedicated PH. As far as business acumen I can't comment, but I would hunt with him again with no reservations. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with HHK. I had two damn good safaris with them a quite a while back. I had a safari with HHK when they had Sengua Research Area and it was dismal, and from what I hear things have not gotten better.

I think that you need to listen to Saeed, he has the best advice for hunting with HHK. As for me, the only reason you would run from HHK is that you cannot fly!

Posts: 791 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sengwa and Chirisa were beautiful. 30 years ago. Those areas would have to be left with minimal offtake for quite a few years in order to come back.

But the Omay is well worth a look. Chris Moore has made all the right decisions in restricting access to certain areas, and in just a couple of years it has made a real difference. The buffalo - nice ones - are back, and all it took was to stop the previous exploitation of the area.

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jack steenson
posted Hide Post
In 1992 the Charisa and Sengwa left me with life long memories I'll carry forever. I understand they are decimated to what they were back them.In 1992 we saw herds of upwards of 300 buffalo first at the Sipani pan, now I guess you go and see nothing.

Posts: 33 | Location: alberta canada | Registered: 17 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hoot Murray:
I have hunted with HHK. I had two damn good safaris with them a quite a while back. I had a safari with HHK when they had Sengua Research Area and it was dismal, and from what I hear things have not gotten better.

I think that you need to listen to Saeed, he has the best advice for hunting with HHK. As for me, the only reason you would run from HHK is that you cannot fly!

The Duckworth"s have Sengwa Research area now and things have DRASTICALLY improved. New camp and good management, it is getting better each year.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bama15

The Duckworths having Sengwa Research Area is good news. When I was there it looked like a very good area. But the game was not there (Mature Bull Elephants) and not much other game for that matter. The area was simply run down due to very poor management and I hear that HHK is not doing well on their other concessions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted with HHK three times with Lou Hallamore as PH, twice at Chete and once at Chirisa. First time at Chete was really good, although their supply truck was late and provisions were a bit slim towards the end of the hunt. Second time at Chete was pretty bad, ran out of food about three days into the hunt and if Clive Hallamore hadn't shipped a load of frozen foods for his own use it would've been really bad. Third and last trip was at Chirisa, not much game on that concession but plenty to be seen next door. Almost no provisions in camp, no vegetables or eggs after the third day and it was down to Guinea soup a couple of times until Dr Scott here on AR shot an eland. Their supply truck showed up with about two days left in the hunt.
I hope their management and logistics have improved but I won't be finding out first hand.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2894 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
I've hunted with HHK three times with Lou Hallamore as PH, twice at Chete and once at Chirisa. First time at Chete was really good, although their supply truck was late and provisions were a bit slim towards the end of the hunt. Second time at Chete was pretty bad, ran out of food about three days into the hunt and if Clive Hallamore hadn't shipped a load of frozen foods for his own use it would've been really bad. Third and last trip was at Chirisa, not much game on that concession but plenty to be seen next door. Almost no provisions in camp, no vegetables or eggs after the third day and it was down to Guinea soup a couple of times until Dr Scott here on AR shot an eland. Their supply truck showed up with about two days left in the hunt.
I hope their management and logistics have improved but I won't be finding out first hand.

Anyone considers hunting with them needs his head examined!

They have a reputation of scorched earth policy on their concession.