Notify
Tools

Baboons?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
David, Your post clarifies it all:

"No racial slur was intended by my original post."

I also appreciate and value the comments made by the other contributors. I love to hunt and be with hunters. I too, understand that this forum is about hunting. Whether I have been on one 10 day hunt or many is immaterial to a phrase now clarified as not to be suggestive of a slur. But it looks like that is now cleared up.
Positive posts are valued by almost everyone who posts here, including you and me. But what's more positive than advocating for phrases that show respect to others?

Howard, one of the definitions of scrutiny is "a close and searching look." I'll always claim the right to such and willingly allow you and anyone else to do the same!

May we all have learned something from this exchange.

Marv

Posts: 52 | Location: Ferndale, Washington US | Registered: 09 July 2002Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
On my first Safari I hit an absolutely huge male baboon rather poorly. The P.H. had a terrier of some sort that he used to track wounded game. The dog took off up the cliff after the baboon, and was killed in about 3/1000 of a second. The baboon grabbed the dog, and just bit it in half. [Eek!]

<PWN>
posted
Zero Drift,

[Big Grin] Next round is on me.

Perry