Find
Notify
Tools

ForrestB - Good Guy!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
We've got some great guys on this forum and ForrestB is one of them! I was looking to buy some brass for my 416 Rigby on the classified section. Forrest answered my request and instead of selling me the brass, he gave it to me - free - and, included an unsolicited sampling of 416 bullets. Thanks Forrest!!!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Scott, Quoting Rusty, " We band of Brothers.."

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Like all the folks from this forum that I've had the pleasure of meeting. They are all "Good Guys"!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
ForrestB sent to me a Lee Factory Crimp for the .416 Rigby as he knew getting one in France would be almost impossible. He not only has my eternal gratitude but I hope one day I can repay the favor.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
They just dont come much better than Forrest. I had the pleasure of hunting elk with him last fall and it was a great experience.

Now I am just hoping he doesnt read this since I will have to live with him in camp again this fall and I dont want him trying to weasle out of latrine duty.

But in all seriousness, if you ever get the chance to spend some time and visit with him you will come away better for it.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Forrest once told some lies about me on this forum. It cast me in a particularly favorable light and made me likeable.

I guess I owe him one. Wink

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wendall,
Likeable? IN the words of John Wayne, "Not hardly pilgrim" jump sofa See ya in big D

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not met him but the raffle thar he did showed that he was a wonderful guy. I am sure that all his friends are especially happy to have as loyal a friend as him.

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Shhhh.....you guys are ruining my hard-earned reputation.

Honestly, I've gotten a lot more out of this site and it's members than I've ever put into it. We're a fortunate bunch.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I've met this low-down, no-good, scandrol of a man called Forrest B. He's a bad man, stay away from him. He'll introduce you to the likes of Duane Wiebe, Ralf Martini, Gary Goudy, and others that build wonderful custom rifles for a living and they'll take all the money you have and some that you don't. But they explain it like it's a bargain. Called Reno accounting, er some such. Confused

Then he talks about Africa and how you must get over there, so you end up booking hunts and ordering custom rifles and are generally led into a life of moral corruption. Then laughs...

What a great guy!

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DPhillips:
Well, I've met this low-down, no-good, scandrol of a man called Forrest B. He's a bad man, stay away from him. He'll introduce you to the likes of Duane Wiebe, Ralf Martini, Gary Goudy, and others that build wonderful custom rifles for a living and they'll take all the money you have and some that you don't. But they explain it like it's a bargain. Called Reno accounting, er some such. Confused

Then he talks about Africa and how you must get over there, so you end up booking hunts and ordering custom rifles and are generally led into a life of moral corruption. Then laughs...

What a great guy!

You summed him up perfectly. He has done to me all the very things you mentioned. He has been the worst influece in my life so far. Just ask my wife, she thinks he is the devil incarnate when it comes to hunting and guns. But around the wife and kids he acts like the perfect gentleman and butters them right up. But I can say that he can cook a decent hunting camp breakfast.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Plus he knows where the good Houston restaurants are and can make you rich !

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote