THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Hunting is more Than hunting for me ! ( added a few more pics )

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting is more Than hunting for me ! ( added a few more pics )
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted
As I am sure most of you will agree if you think back to your first safari in Africa , that first day when you are by the fire , anxiously waiting , hearing the first birds , perhaps a lion roaring in the distance and you realize …hey this place is awesome , its far more than just a place to collect trophies ..

In fact I personally believe the overall experience is as much if not more important …the birds, the sounds , the smells , the heat on your back and the feeling of anticipation.

Africa has a special feel to it, and while there is lots of wilderness elsewhere , it seems African magic is pretty unique ..

Here are a few images I took that are not to do with hunting , but everything to do with hunting …things you see while you hunt and its that that makes the hunting so rich !!! ENJOY

AN OLD DAGGA BOY ...

BUFFALO SUNSET

IN YOUR DREAMS !

MORE DREAMS !

THREE WISE MEN

DESERT BEAUTY

FLAMINGO GEYSER

DAWN GIRAFFE

FOLLOW THE LEAD

SPOTTED !

SPOTTED AGAIN!

WOW!

GET OFF MY KILL

CUB

MIGRATION!

MASSAI

PEEPING THROUGH

IVORY!

INCOMING !

THE ROAD TO NOWHERE

CHEETAH!

KUDU BULL

DAMARA OSTRICHES

ALMOST HUMAN

MANY INTERFERANCE CAN MAKE EVEN NATURE GET IN CONFLICT WITH HERSELF !

BUSHMAN ELDER

WHITE GOLD !

SHE SEES US

ENJOY !

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Ivan,

Thanks, thanks a lot thumb

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I would say these are excellent, but then it's just not me. Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Now that's what I call photography! Wink

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Very nice Ivan.

quote:
Originally posted by Will:
I would say these are excellent, but then it's just not me. Smiler

animal

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
Great pics makes my wanna go to the bush now

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Ivan, very much. Those photos just further fuels the fire to see the place all all it has to offer in the future.

Joe

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith

Posts: 551 | Location: Northwestern Wisconsin | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you

i think CRYBABY

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ivan,

Thank you for the great photos....I'm "stealing" these for my PC screensaver so I can go to Africa every day....with the appropriate copyright and credit of course :-}

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you for the great photos....I'm "stealing" these for my PC screensaver so I can go to Africa every day....with the appropriate copyright and credit of course :-}

paul ,
honoured you think them good enough to do so sir !

i will get a few more up in due course as soon as i manage to tame the email tiger that is threatening to swallow me after 6 weeks away !!!

little different sitting here looking out over the snow covered field in michigan !!! ha ha Smiler

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Simply Stunning!!!

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
Very Strong.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Very enjoyable! Now I have to remember that I am at the office again. . . .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Double WOW!!!!
THanks for sharing.

Posts: 10379 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CLIFT
posted Hide Post
You are developing a second career as a talented wildlife photo artist, I do believe!

Posts: 76 | Location: WAXAHACHIE, TEXAS | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Since Will won't say it, I will: Excellent!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While all are excellent.....the one of the plains with ALL OF THOSE ANIMALS is my favorite. Nice stuff for sure.

Thanks, Ivan.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan, you have brought up the reason why I go to Africa....the smells, sounds, birds, people, etc...hunting is the greatest part of going to Africa, the killing a very small part of the hunt.
The way I describe Africa to my friends who have never been and don't understand my excitement goes like this.....Remember when you were 8 years old and getting ready for your first hunt, you had an old .22 or deer rifle, lunch packed, heard your Dad talking about the quarry and how to outfox them....the excitement, almost shaking with anticipation. Now, 40 years later, when was the last time you felt that excitement? Well folks, that how I feel every time I go to Africa.
Thanks again Ivan, you made my day!!!!!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't even know what to say! I'll just go back to looking out the window at the snow!

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW Ivan.

Not only one of the best PH's in the business but what a talent with a camera.

Michigan. I lived there for 27 years, 27 years ago. You want snow, come visit me in Fairbanks. Not only snow but dark and -18 this morning. Just a little frost on the pumkins.

Posts: 444 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
quote:
n, you have brought up the reason why I go to Africa....the smells, sounds, birds, people, etc...hunting is the greatest part of going to Africa, the killing a very small part of the hunt.
The way I describe Africa to my friends who have never been and don't understand my excitement goes like this.....Remember when you were 8 years old and getting ready for your first hunt, you had an old .22 or deer rifle, lunch packed, heard your Dad talking about the quarry and how to outfox them....the excitement, almost shaking with anticipation. Now, 40 years later, when was the last time you felt that excitement? Well folks, that how I feel every time I go to Africa.
Thanks again Ivan, you made my day!!!!!

seven mag ...i hear you ...strength five Smiler

alaska hunter ...hey go easy with me , i am a newbie to the snow , having just lived here a couple of years ... it is very beautiful though...its the dark that scares me ! Wink

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ivan,

I gotta say that I'm not sure your pics make the time away from Africa any easier ... perhaps tolerable, but not necessarily easier Wink Beautiful.

Your site is extremely well done, Sir. The Picture Gallery is spectacular as well! Will take some hours to fully appreciate it.

Great way to fan the fires.

mike

(BTW: The Photo DVD label leads to the "parked site" http://www.divadivas.com/ )

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wonderful pictures, thank you for posting them

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Ivan,

I concur with all - you are an extremely talented photographer. I learn from your photos. I am a little jealous, but your pictures inspire me to continue working the angles, trying to get it right.

Wish we had a little snow here right now.

Cheers, Dave

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Terrific photos! Thanks.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan,

Thank you for taking the time to share these SPECTACULAR images!

Its been already 5 months since my trip to Namibia with my son for a plains game hunt...And yes, it was there I fell deeply in love with Wildlife Photography for the very first time...

One day I hope to return with better gear and a deeper sense of capturing the SPIRIT of THE WILD...

Very inspiring work and I am even more adamant about returning one day! Even though it may be only a dream because of my finances!

Til then I will practice and shoot in several of our US Wildlife National Parks and Refuges!

Many thanks a NOOB photographer/hunter!!!

Roland

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great work. For a few minutes I was there. Thanks.

Posts: 207 | Location: Florida | Registered: 28 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Well done sir, well done!

Thank you for taking me away from the office for a brief moment. I will look at these again, daydreaming of the chance to see those sights in person.

Thanks again,

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ivan,

That is some fantastic work with a camera. You are a very talented man with an artistic eye.

I think I shot that one horned dagga boy in May!

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
one horned dagga boys are simply my favourite ! awesome trophy ...just a beat up old bush warrior ...well done on a great buff !

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Super photos and your names for the photos are excellent as well. Thanks for posting.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan,
Words escape me right now. Happy thanksgiving to you and yours. Thank you for sharing your gifts.
Jeff

No people in history have ever
survived who thought they could protect their freedom by making themselves
inoffensive to their enemies.

Posts: 1689 | Location: North MS U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ivan,

Just lovely. Being there is such a treat.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote