New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best 2X1 Tanz Buffalo Hunt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My hunting partner needs his "cherry" busted on buffalo. I have taken a few, and now he want's to jump on in. Under the circumstances, a 2X1 shared license hunt is what he can afford, and what I would spend.

Recommendations are most welcome. Price is an object.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
luv2safari:

PM sent

Posts: 158 | Location: texas panhandle | Registered: 15 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do a search on this Forum for recent offerings of 2x1 buff specials.

Alternatively, contact Michel Mantheakis at Miombo safaris on Michel@miombosafaris.com

I understand they have some very good deals on 2x1 buff hunts in their kilombero concession.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The hunt offered on 24 hr campfire in Zimbabwe is a decent deal @ $7500 all in. If you have your hearts set on Tanzania a 2x1 buff with limited PG at the same price reply by PM amd I'll give you an email address. I'm not a booking agent, etc. like some of the replies to your post is sure to generate, just a regular guy like yourself whom worked out a deal in the Sealous for a partner and myself.

Posts: 223 | Location: close but no cigar | Registered: 03 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted MK1 in the Selous with Pierre Van Tonder in 06 with a cost of 7,900 including charter. There were four of us and we got four buffalo in October. In 05 two of us hunted L1 with Keith Hakes who was employed by Don Bower with the same result. Both hunts were great fun in wonderful surroundings. Same price as well.

Posts: 414 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMHO you do not get your value for the $ ON 2X1 hunt. Comparing the pricing, you get 1x1 for only 10% or so more. I guess I don't understand the industry pricing model. A entire extra team and vehicle and PH for 10% more? If anyone understands this please educate me. Thanks

"shoot quick but take your time"

Posts: 451 | Location: drummond island MI USA | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stu,
2x1 means 2 clients x 1 PH. No extra vehicle and no extra PH. So the 10% is all good.....

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bwana- What he is getting at is that for that ten points the hunter gets 1X1 with the PH, truck, trackers,etc. It would seem to be a great deal when compared to 2X1.

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Coming just from the the point of how much individual hunting time you get for your dollar 1x1 is definitely a better deal. Some operators only offer a $50 per day reduction in price when hunting 2x1 as opposed to 1x1 so looking at it that way it doesn't seem worth it. On the other hand for a couple of buddies or family members more interested in sharing the total experience 2x1 may be the way to go. Also for a guy on a very tight budget the saving on 2x1 as opposed to a 1x1 may be significant and make the difference in whether he hunts or not.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote