THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Sleeping under the African Sky I cannot see anything wrong with the world !

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sleeping under the African Sky I cannot see anything wrong with the world !
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted
Some of you might have seen my siganture that I added recently. And some of you might think that I'm mad but let me explain.

Just like in the early morning the birds start to get very active like a deadline it is getting darker and they have to finish what they have started. In the mornings you see the larger birds like geese, ducks and pigeons fly off in a certain direction. And now they all head back like workers coming back from a hard day at the office.

Then it starts when the sky turns gray and from gray it turns into gold in the west and then a soft red until there is only a shimmer of light in the west and turning around you catch a glimpse of the Southern Cross appearing before you, before you can see the whole milky way. You marvel at the sight and as you marvel more and more stars appear you look at the constelations and see if you can see any familiar ones. Still looking peering into the sky you take a seat next to the fire of leadwood and bushwillow. The warthm of it climbs into your soul and recharges your souls after a long day in the veldt.

Now sitting comfortably you feel the pain and tiredness of your feet who for the whole have kept you going without complaint. They too enjoy the warmth of the fire. During the day the wind was blowing lightly in a north western region but it too went home to rest and all is dead quite except for a couple hippos honking their song. The baboons have also settled in on top of their big fig tree overhanging the water and the squarrels are over of who is sleeping where and with whom.

Once again you marvel at the stars and wonder if this is for real and you quetion yourself is there really such a place like a city? Course not how can there be I'm in the middle of the world surrounded by the African bush. How can there be anything anyhting else out there except this perfect world where I sit here under the African Sky?

You find yourself dozing off and dreaming of the one that got away but there is always another day in a perfect world.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote