New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norman Crooks, Pro Safaris?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody know anything about this outfit? I think he hunts the Bubiana Conservancy south of Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. I have a friend who is trying to talk me into accompanying him on a buffalo hunt there.

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cannot vouch for them as I have not hunted with them but I did recently talk to Norman quite a bit as well as his son in law Frikke. They hunt an area I am very familiar with and I talked quite a bit with them about the area, people, etc. They certainly walk the walk with the people and the area and some of their aquaintances would not be so if they were not pretty solid. That all being said Ganyana or someone from there probably knows them better or someone has hunted with them. They are definately on the official PH list for Zim. Best I can offer for now but I would probably hunt with them.

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norman has always been a good steady PH. Used to have alot to do with him when he ran the whole conservancy. Good man. Cannot comment on the hunting area though as I haven't been there in over 6 years.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Norman and have known him for years - he's a good man. In fact, I am going back in 2007 to hunt a lion with him.

Greg Rodriguez
Global Adventure Outfitters, Inc.
www.GAOHunts.com
(281) 494-4151

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of T
posted Hide Post
I book hunts for Norman. He lives in Bulawayo. The bubiana conservancy is where he hunts leopard and is home to the black rhino and elephant. Beautiful landscape. It is excellent leopard country with all the granite kopes but his buffalo hunts will probably be somewhere in the Zambezi Valley. I am going with a client in September to hunt buffalo in Dande North then from there spend a few days hunting plains game at one of his Namibia concessions. I can send you a reference list, price sheet or answer any questions. Call me at 281-228-2533 Terry

Posts: 292 | Location: Tx | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My first safari was with Norman in '04, Chiresa for buffalo and Bubiana for plains species. I had a first rate hunt, he's a great PH who makes sure his clients get taken care of,you can book with complete confidence.His real passion is leopard, he takes some big cats out of West Nicholson, one of his clients took a 200lb+ cat with dogs in '05. We are going on a hunt this year late June in Namibia. Pm me if you want some more info. Russ Green.

Posts: 1051 | Registered: 02 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of T
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T:
Normans specialty is big cats. Here is a picture of Norman and myself with a 211 pound leopard we took last year.

Posts: 292 | Location: Tx | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eeker thumb

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote