THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    HOLY SMOKERS- SCI NASHVILLE HOTEL PRICES!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOLY SMOKERS- SCI NASHVILLE HOTEL PRICES!!
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
We cancelled out of DSC Convention due to the horrendous airline jam up going on due to weather and holidays... we were booked on SOUTHWEST Airlines!!

Started checking into SCI Nashville as an alternative.... HOLY SMOKERS... South Africa hunt daily rates and more for a hotel room!! First one I checked, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Convention Center, $465/n as a Hilton Honors member!!

Hunting partner booked early at Holiday Inn Expeess, $360/n including taxes!!

SCI doesn't have a Convention Hotel Booking group for designated hotels like DSC, they have a website list, you call individually, often getting a central reservation group who hardly speak English!!

I turned a simple booking over to my travel agent to check it out further after trying twice!!

Reduced price ticket package expires tomorrow, now at $335 for 4 days, up from $275 last year!!

IDAKNOW, seems like I can pay for half of my 2023 Moose hunt with these CRAZY prices!! You can find Las Vegas hotel prices well away from the Convention Center where you have a 20 minute drive/taxi ride...

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm kinda glad they moved to Nashville. I was turned completely OFF by Vegas last year. Bidenovitch prices are not good though. We've got at least 2 more years of his BS to get through. I made a rez for my RV and we're driving.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
We cancelled out of DSC Convention due to the horrendous airline jam up going on due to weather and holidays... we were booked on SOUTHWEST Airlines!!

Started checking into SCI Nashville as an alternative.... HOLY SMOKERS... South Africa hunt daily rates and more for a hotel room!! First one I checked, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Convention Center, $465/n as a Hilton Honors member!!

Hunting partner booked early at Holiday Inn Expeess, $360/n including taxes!!

SCI doesn't have a Convention Hotel Booking group for designated hotels like DSC, they have a website list, you call individually, often getting a central reservation group who hardly speak English!!

I turned a simple booking over to my travel agent to check it out further after trying twice!!

Reduced price ticket package expires tomorrow, now at $335 for 4 days, up from $275 last year!!

IDAKNOW, seems like I can pay for half of my 2023 Moose hunt with these CRAZY prices!! You can find Las Vegas hotel prices well away from the Convention Center where you have a 20 minute drive/taxi ride...

I'm staying out by the airport at $160 a night with a $15-$20 uber ride each day..

Not only are the hotel prices downtown stupid expensive, they want to charge almost 50 bucks a day to park!!!!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Show tickets, I am hearing, is sold out.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!! Is that possible?? Limiting access doesn't sound like SCI!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
WOW!! Is that possible?? Limiting access doesn't sound like SCI!!

There are local laws pretty much everywhere that set forth the maximum number of people allowed in a venue . Basically fire codes.

The booths are sold out .

The number of tickets sold is definitely up but I have not heard that all possible tickets have been sold . In fact, this week SCI e mailed about a 4 day package . Tuesday I think .

Many of the hotels nearby are booked solid .

Definitely expecting a big crowd .

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
My wife and I were interested in going to Nashville, but then I started checking into prices and we soon changed our minds. I am afraid that if I am going to spend that sort of money per day it would only be to get as far away from the crowds as possible, not the other way around. Smiler

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Well my trusty Travel Agent came back to me with a quote:

Hilton Downtown- $649/n
Car 5 days- about $450
Air To/From Seattle-
First Class to- $1434/p, not available on return, full fare coach return $999/p!!
Round trip coach- $1326/p

Simply CRAZY!!... We're not going!!

SCI sent an email last night advertising the 4 day ticket package special ends Dec 31.

Interestingly, the stated Seating Capacity in the Music City Center is just over 8900 people!! They don't state a convention capacity. If it is close to that like Larry says, it could be limited!!

Sure glad we aren't getting into the SOUTHWEST debacle going to Dallas!! The way things are going it may still be botched by the 4th??!!

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Wow, glad I booked my hotel months ago.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We booked early Hyatt Downtown booked for 10 days, wife wants to do some tourist stuff.$251-$280 per night depending on the date, seniors rate.

Member NRA, NFA,CSSA,DSC,SCI,AFGA

Posts: 266 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
I really like Tennessee but I think I'm going to wait until the SCI Convention goes back to Reno. I had a great time last time I was there.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4772 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:
I really like Tennessee but I think I'm going to wait until the SCI Convention goes back to Reno. I had a great time last time I was there.

You are going to wait a long time for that. Quite a few years into the future are scheduled. None of those include Reno.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cannot wait until Nashville. Driving distance for me.

We are going to book a Red Stag hunt.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are going to wait a long time for that. Quite a few years into the future are scheduled. None of those include Reno.

+1

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
I decided to cancel my rooms at Westin hotel ($349/night) for the convention. My hunts are already booked and placed a double rifle order with Rigby at DSC, so no real reason to take a week off to go to Nashville.

If someone wants to put their name on a waiting list at Westin we can co-ordinate my cancellation. PM me.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have a rental car grab a meal at Hattie B's. Awesome fried chicken and all the side dishes are first rate. Try not to go to the one downtown because the lines are always long and parking is a PITA.
Drive to the Charlotte Ave location.
https://hattieb.com/

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well my trusty Travel Agent came back to me with a quote:

Hilton Downtown- $649/n
Car 5 days- about $450
Air To/From Seattle-
First Class to- $1434/p, not available on return, full fare coach return $999/p!!
Round trip coach- $1326/p

Simply CRAZY!!... We're not going!!

SCI sent an email last night advertising the 4 day ticket package special ends Dec 31.

Interestingly, the stated Seating Capacity in the Music City Center is just over 8900 people!! They don't state a convention capacity. If it is close to that like Larry says, it could be limited!!

Sure glad we aren't getting into the SOUTHWEST debacle going to Dallas!! The way things are going it may still be botched by the 4th??!!

FYI, the 8900 is the largest room in the convention center . There are multiple rooms .

I was also told last night that prices have been seriously jacked up by the nearby hotels
. The Joseph is now $1,200 a night . When we booked it was $400.

For the evening events the capacity is much less. One night is sold out. Another is very close to being sold out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I booked the Drury quite some time ago....$ 800.00 for 3 nights.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
About as bad as trophy shipping costs these days!! jumping

Talk about killing the Golden Goose!!

Remember, all of the outfitters exhibiting, have to recover these expenses of Conventions in their prices of the future!!

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what you guys are saying, I’m now not so upset that work wouldn’t give me a few days to go!

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
The reality is though - many are sold out…

I’m staying out by the airport at normal Hilton pricing and taking a $15 Uber ride in everyday..

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I went to the West Texas SCI Extravaganza in Midland last weekend. It was fine for what it was. They claimed 60 vendors, I don't know that there were that many there.

Was $20 a head to get in for me and the frau, and the kids were free.

The Frau spent the entire time talking to South African outfitters that had women in the booth. I finally got her interested in it. Was worth going.

I need to get back it has been since 2005.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote