THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    WartHog Hunts..Whos the Cheapest/ but still good?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WartHog Hunts..Whos the Cheapest/ but still good?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Which Outfitter would you recommend for cheap WartHog hunting? We dont intend to target much else, so,.... are outfitters interested much in guys like us?

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
There are outfitters out there who are interested in your needs, and if you booked as a group you'd probably get a reduced rate... but you'd probably have to commit to only shooting warthogs. (and lots of 'em!) As soon as you started taking other animals your deal would be out the window and some or all of you would have to pay the higher daily rate.......

Europeans in general and Germans in particular are very keen on pig hunting and it's not uncommon for a group to book a warthog only hunt where they take any and all warthogs the come across irrelevant of trophy quality. You need to remember that warthog populations rise and fall dramatically (mostly) according to drought conditions - so you need to select the right place at the right time.....

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
How would you go about finding where is overpopulated with warthog's?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Woodjack,
You have a PM.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I know a guy that runs warthog hunts in RSA.
£50 a day and £50 per warthog (approx. $87).
PM me if you want contact details.

Warthogs are a lot of fun to hunt, I would add in a couple of impala for variety and your are set to go!

Posts: 2360 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
How does the 87 per day and 87 per pig compare to other outfits? Where is it in RSA? I have family in Cape Town and that would be a great little 3-4 day diversion on my next trip. How many pigs per day average could be expected?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote