New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dick Cabela
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I saw on last night's news that Dick Cabela passed away yesterday, age 77. He and his brother have done a lot for hunters, fisherfolks, conservationists and misc. outdoors people. RIP

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of SAF
posted Hide Post
+1 on that one !RIP

Richard Lemmer
Safari Afrika
www.safariafrika.net
richard@safariafrika.net
USA 480 363 6398. ( DEC to end March )
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages.../310296474391?ref=hl

Posts: 24 | Location: Waterberg Mountains , Limpopo , South Africa | Registered: 04 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Indeed. +2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Cabelas brothers have cost me a lot of money over the years. Boy has it been fun doing business with them.
My wife heard me on the phone one morning around 3am & wanted to know who I was talking to at that time of the night, it was one of the many courteous & helpful salespeople that they employ.(couldn't sleep)
We have most definitely lost one of the good guys.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Gotta give you this one. RIP Dick.
Hope you won't be the only store in Happy Hunting Grounds.
The only thing I ever bought from Cabela's is my Sabattis , but they were worth it.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP Dick!

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Eternal Memory to Dick, from humble beginnings in my Sweet Wyoming Home to a wide spread of American and Canadian stores across this great continent.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Another good guy gone. Besides success with his stores he was an avid hunter, fisherman and conservationist. RIP

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2813 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
It is beyond impressive for him and his partners to have gone from a VERY small scale mail order business to the current network of stores. I believe he literally started off selling fishing flies and built it up from there. Just amazing. Rest in peace.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Condolences to family and friends. Cabela's has probably outfitted more hunts than any other firm in history.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sad indeed. Cabelas has cost me a lot of money over the years. I loved every minute of spending it though. RIP Mr Cabela

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Condolences to Dicks family & friends. To his credit, he built a great business and a business with the best customer service from any I have had dealings with. That in itself is a reflection of his character & values.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got to shake his hand in Dallas a couple years ago, glad I took the moment to speak to him.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pieter Kriel
posted Hide Post
RIP Sir

Mkulu African Hunting Safaris
www.huntinginafricasafaris.com
hunt@huntinginafricasafaris.com

Posts: 210 | Location: Pretoria | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote