Find
Notify
Tools

Flying through Paris?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Uplandhunter
posted
We booked a late season hunt for buffalo and I am sure I will have several questions as they arise. But here is the first. Our frequent flier miles will take us from the US to Johannesburg through Paris, France. Will I need any specific forms to take my weapons through France?

Thank you.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair

http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 203 | Location: Northeast, Nebraska | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I do not think so. Last time I flew from the US to France I needed no forms (January 2007). But these things can change so I would contact your airline first.

If you are just in transit at the airport there should be no problem. If you plan to spend some time in Paris and want to take the guns out the airport there may be a problem if you are travelling with what the French consider controlled calibers like: 308 Win., 30.06, 7X57, 8X57. Calibers such as 300 WinMag, 338 WinMag, 375H&H, the 416s and above, have no specific restrictions. It is only calibers which have been adopted for military arms which are controlled.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I have just returned from a safari in Benin and flew Air France through Paris. I also overnighted in Paris on the way into Benin. Absolutely no problems but make sure Air France knows you are traveling with firearms and ammunition as soon as you book your tickets. They have a special form to complete but it is very simple to do. I carried my rifle out to the hotel and back into the airport the next morning and except for weighing my ammunition, I didn't have anyone ask me a single question about my luggage. Good luck on your hunt and pm me if you want to discuss. Cheers.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7557 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russell is correct. Traveling through Paris is a lark with no real gun issues. Simple! You will need a 4457 for your guns.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote