New
Find
Notify
Tools

African Hunting Consumer Expo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This refers to s series of three 2-day shows sponsored by African Hunting Gazette. The first two are between the DSC and SCI shows and are in Atlanta and Calgary. The third, shortly after SCI, is in Toronto.

You can have Calgary in January but the other two, at least, are close to most of the US population, unlike SCI or DSC.

Has anyone attended these? How are they? And will enough African outfitters etc. stick around for Toronto, the closest note to me?

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indy
There may be a higher population in the Northeast, but who the hell wants to go there in January? Dallas is cold enough!
It also appears that Texas has a VERY large population of safari hunters as compared to say, Ohio.
Now forget all those other shows & come on to Dallas for some real southern hospitality & some of the best food anywhere.
Living Next Door In Louisianna
Cecil

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
I don't have any info but would like some so I can post on DSC Daily

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
The 2012 show in Calgary was quite nice weather (10 C) and was well attended. Calgary tends to be warmer than the rest of the province (full of hot air rotflmo) but I'm sure it will be colder this year. I know PVT is planning on attending Calgary again in 2013.

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
I attended the Atlanta show both years. 2011 seemed to have a good turnout. 2012 did not. There are a bunch of outfitters that post here that attended. Hopefully they will chime in, but all the ones I spoke to were dissapointed in the attendance.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
...but who the hell wants to go there in January? Dallas is cold enough!

Yeah, I'm sure it's unbearable. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was held prisioner in a yankee prision camp in Milford, Conneticut(Subway school) for 2 wks. one time in Feb., never got above 22f. the whole time. Froze my arse off.
Call me a wimp if you want, but anything below 40f is too cold for me.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The cold doesn't stop yankees but, the heat we have in the South does.

Posts: 618 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
I too was in Atlanta both years, and booked a safari the first year. I haven't been to any of the others, but was pleased with the Atlanta show. I believe they have a new venue for this year that will have lower priced rooms, but the group rate in the past was reasonable for a nice hotel.

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was told that there would be another show in Charlotte this year. Anyone have any further info on that?

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mmassey338:
I too was in Atlanta both years, and booked a safari the first year. I haven't been to any of the others, but was pleased with the Atlanta show. I believe they have a new venue for this year that will have lower priced rooms, but the group rate in the past was reasonable for a nice hotel.

I believe the AHG show has merged with the GA SCI show and will be held at the Convention Center down by the airport.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote