THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    The Dwight Scott Selous Classic Bench Rest Match

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Dwight Scott Selous Classic Bench Rest Match
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68694 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
Saeed

I'm pretty sure the scratched up rifle is your 375-404 wild cat. What was the other rifle chambered in?
The way some of those guys are holding their guns it�s a wonder that only one got a scuff. Looks like a barrel of laughs.

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Shawn,

Both rifles are chambered for our 375/404. The old black one was built by Dwight and the new, stainless steel one I made it myself.

Walter has promised Dwight that we will surprise him one day at one of the major bench rest shoots! We know we are not going to win anything, so we will bring our two 375/404 for the contest

He said "OH JEEZ! Please don't do that! You two will confuse everyone"

Dwight mentioned that there was no rule against large caliber, and Walter said he might take the 577 T.Rex, and offer free "flinch inducing lessons"

Dwight said: "OH JEEZ! Please keep Walter away from us "

Posts: 68694 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Walter must be quite the clever chap.

Posts: 19363 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I noticed quite a few left handers in there which is quite unusual amongst Africans...

What distances was the target? I wonder if anyone knows of a gunbearer/tracker that also knew how to fire a gun properly? Not unusual that the Game Scout didn't win although one would expect that he should know how to fire a rifle with such a title

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
Saeed, Can't really tell from the picture, but it looks like your Game Scout was kalindima. Is this correct? If so, I am surprised he did not win as he is usually a pretty good shot, as I tested him last year as well. Funny guy and laughs like a hyena.

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Adam,

Our game scout was called Saeedi. I am not sure what is the name of the one Ray had.

Saeedi was great fun - especially when Walter put the fart machine under his seat, and had him squirming all day!

He said afterwards he thought it was a tetsi fly stuck in the glove compartment.

The funny part was we had 8 rounds left, and asked those who did not participate if they wished to shoot for $20.

Four came forward, and the waiter won.