THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Join the big bash in the Lowveld ons gaan Leeuloop
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Join the big bash in the Lowveld ons gaan Leeuloop
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted
I just want to Know who is staying in the lowveld.

just post your cell nr we want to organize a braai or a breakfast and get to meet the guys that stays in our area.

thanks Rudi

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds lekker, but I'm from Gangsters Paradise (Jo'burg). Long drive, unless you're buying the beer! Big Grin

Posts: 408 | Location: Johannesburg, RSA | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Hows about we do the roll call and try to arrange to meet up at a central location?

Have to be before about halfway through March for me, as after that I go to Botswana and then onto Tanzania and probably won't be back till mid to late November.

One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rikkie:
Sounds lekker, but I'm from Gangsters Paradise (Jo'burg). Long drive, unless you're buying the beer! Big Grin

only 3hrs and maybe we must add a shoot we have a 300m range here and a clay pigeon course. i will brew some maganu(marula beer) it kicks like a mule

lets make a weekend out of it Big Grin lol

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lydenburg area will like to join.

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by luan:
Lydenburg area will like to join.

Hey Luan,

Great to have a guy here from the place where I was born.

Gerhard

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great town with the biggest kudu bulls in the world. Big Grin

Im about 30 kilometres from town on my ranch and happy to see anyone that wanna have a BEER and have a go at the bushpigs in summer.

One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
Luan,

I might take you up on that and come and visit you next year July when I get back to South Africa and chase a couple of bush pigs.

I shot a 5 + inch duiker not far from Lydenburg a couple of years ago.

Gerhard

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Another ganster here so I suppose we could get something together so that we all drive up together so we dont' need to go seperate.

Problem is will Sabi handle the amount of beer that will be consumed clap
I suppose I can bring my video camera for proof popcorn

BTW these dates are out for me 17 Feb to 8 March I will be freezing my arse off in Sweden.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Rudi,

Congratulations Bwana, looks like you just got yourself elected to plan a time, pick a venue and tell us what beer to bring! Smiler

One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
check your dairies the weekend of the 19-20 jan are we gonna burn some powder aswell so i can organize the range. i will get some accomadation prices. i will inform the police and the mayor that there will be a big bash lol

let me know what you think of the date

next question woman or no woman

One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by luan:
Great town with the biggest kudu bulls in the world. Big Grin

Im about 30 kilometres from town on my ranch and happy to see anyone that wanna have a BEER and have a go at the bushpigs in summer.

welkom hier Luan on wich road are you and i will defenitely take you up on that offer

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Those dates are good for me.... do we have a venue?

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Dates, look good so far but I'm not gonna go on my own out of Gauteng. I cant trust you lowvelders you know banana

Oh yeah, and what about sleeping arrangements for the few of us that would not wnat to have the long drive back after a good party ?

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys

It sounds great ive got sleeping place for friday night for a few guys and a bushpig on the spit or we can do it Saturday.

Jakkals you welcome anytime.

.375 Im on the Burgersfort road about 30 kilometres from lydenburg then you get the Beetgekraal dirt road then 5 kilometres on it in the mountains.

Shakari i talked to you about a trip to tanzania a few months ago we must try to work something out.I just retruned from luangwa valley with some great trophies and memories.Hope to see you soon.

Luan

Kwes is kak.

One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
Luan so jy is naby kuduranch

gee my bietjie jou cell nr myne is 0824642436

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Hey guys andj gals don't forgot the pictures...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well now - not too far from where you are, I saw the biggest Kudu bull I've ever clapped eyes on. And I shot my 60-incher just other side of Burgersfort, in the Steelpoort Valley. Is it a stag 'do', or do we bring the missus along to do the driving back home? dancing Either way, I believe I'm in!

Posts: 408 | Location: Johannesburg, RSA | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
Plans so far

18-20 January we have a pig for the spit im waiting for prices from a tented camp at the sabie river. i will post the prices as soon as i get them. please let me know who is comming so i can negotiate. the Family is welcome there is a lot to do for them ( dishes, cleaning, bringing beers) lol

let me know and lets have some fun

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
You can add Mama Susan and I to the list buddy..... and probably Jaco Human as well, but I'm sure he'll post when he has time.......

Maybe we should invite the Zim guys down as well - At least they'd get some good food and booze that isn't on their ration books! jumping jumping

Sorry guys, only joking! Wink

One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
Anybody is welcome

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the flash of English humour at the expense of the Zimbos there - actually guys I'd love to see any of you that might be passing through and can make it and I'll even buy the first round......

Hey, we've had great rains down here, so you don't have to worry about us having enough grazing for your donkeys or parking for the carts.... jumping jumping

Damn, but I'm on form today! Wink Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fantastic plan - I suppose White River is a bit too far off for a morning trip to "Life form taxidermy" after the last post I would love to have a look around.

I am in! Picked up my .416 Rigby from Eugene at Magnum arms on Tuesday 11 December sounds like a good time to play a bit........

Posts: 277 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Not really, it's less than an hours drive betwen the two places..... but Lifeform might not have re-opened after the Christmas break. - They're already closed, so I can't find out when they re-open..... probably around the 2nd or 3rd week January, so we might just be in luck.

Hope you like the new rifle - and I'll look forward to seeing it!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Please note that the rest of us will be DEMANDING pictures and the true story after the party. . . .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bugger - I miss this one too...I am keen to meet you okes in person....oh well...in time!

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
UEG,

How much are you prepared to pay for those photos and video clap

Frederik Cocquyt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Gents

As you will all see I have been out of circulation for a while , I was blocked at work which was my main access point to AR, but I am back in action now.

This get together sounds good, and the dates look good so I would love to meet you guy's. OK I suppose consuming a couple of cold one's is the main motivation here but meeting you guy's is up there !!!!

Hey Frederik, how goes it ?

Cheers
Greg

"opie-knoppe"

Posts: 51 | Location: midrand South Africa | Registered: 02 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Safari-Hunt: Depends on how REVEALING they are. Are you implying that they might be useful for extortionate purposes? dancing

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
UEG,

Extortion, damn that is a fine idea I always wanted to go to Tanazania I wonder to whom that will implie. clap

schmidie,

Yes it's been a very long time indeed check out what I have been doing last month.
Otherwise well and busy on my side.

Frederik Cocquyt

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I'd better make sure I behave myself then huh?

DAMN!

Confused Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
375 fanatic,

Cout Cecilia and I in when booking riverside tents. Arrangements so far looks like a feast!

Looking forward to meet you all there.

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys

.375 im in i will get the bushpig ready and the drinks. Like i said ive got place ready for the friday night anybody is welcome.

Rikkie where did you shoot your monster we got a few monsters in the area got 2 60 inchers this year plus a few monster bushbucks.

Guys im off to mozambique for three weeks off fishing so see you next year.

Best off wishes for the new year and a merry xmas.

Luan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Luan,

Got mine on property belonging to a good friend's father-in-law. About 30 k's from Burghersfort on the Middelburg road. It has since been bought out on the old gov't subsidy by a group from Sekhukune. Saw some HUGE bulls on Egbert Hiemstra's place (I believe he's sold it since??). Damn shame Kudu weren't on my budget at the time!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rikkie

Oom egbert still have his farm was there yesterday but his son is taking over.

they shot a 69 inch three years ago next to him on Samuel farm.

Luan

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Lifeform will be open and would welcome a visit from us if we want to go...... I think someone else might already be arganising this already? -

One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted Hide Post
That is great news - thanx for the effort Shakari.

Who would be intrested in having a look around Lifeform?

Posts: 277 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Might be a good idea for those interested to meet up there at the beginning of the weekend and then go onto the campsite at Sabie for the rest of the trip - any comments guys?

At least everyone will be sober! jumping

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
What, about the shooting is that still going to happen ?

I think lets rather wait for Rudi to come back with price etc. and so on and take it further from there.

Frederik Cocquyt

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Any AR members from outside SA going to be in the area?