THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Any of you guys go to monthly DSC meetings?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any of you guys go to monthly DSC meetings?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I joined DSC last year at the show, and am thinking about becoming a life member in January. The question i have is do you guys go to the monthly meetings? Ive been wanting to go but was unsure of what to expect.

Posts: 167 | Location: Mckinney, TX | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sure. If your in Mckinney Tx you should make a point to make this months meeting. Most meetings have a program that covers recent hunts taken by a member. Not all are about Africa but most are. Look me up tell anyone at the door your looking for Steve Davis. I 'll introduce to some folks and show you around.

Posts: 12 | Location: texas | Registered: 06 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The monthly meetings are usually pretty good, Steve is a good person to get hooked up with, if for some reason he is not there yo van ask for Karl or Rebecca Evans and we will try and make you feel welcome.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2909 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, ill definately look you up when i go.

Posts: 167 | Location: Mckinney, TX | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are a member and in the Dallas area, you should go now and then. The meetings are usually at a local country club. The food is good and they have some good programs and you get to know some of the members. It costs $35 to attend. This month's meeting is on October 21, and the program is on Masailand & Selous. DSC has grown a lot since I joined, I think they are at about 4,000 members now. If you don't go to the meetings, you will find out there are a lot of new members that you don't know.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We attend when we are in Dallas. Always enjoyed the programs, even though we do not know anyone who attends.

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent to Bryan Chick and tx308.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2909 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoy both the speakers and the chance to catch up with friends before and after the meeting. Come out and say hello at the next one .

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I go from time to time when my life allows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37886 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the meetings and the entire rank and file really go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The next meeting is Thursday, October 21, 2010 At 06:00:00 PM at The Royal Oaks County Club,7915 Greenville Ave, Texas. I am going to be there.
Perhaps we can decide on a way to reconise each outher and share a table.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
What is the dress at the meetings?

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The dress is business casual. There should be a few "greeters" with a distinctive name tag to welcome you. I would like to meet both of you, as well as any new member in attendance. If you would like you can ask for Karl or Rebecca and we can meet...otherwise I'll look for new faces in the crowd.

Karl

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey big guy i will be there for the meeting on the 21st. I wouldnt mind picking your ear a little if you have the time. Ill be the guy with the gold grill on my teeth. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tx308 you might have to be more specific....there will probably be several members with gold grill...I'll be on the lookout for new faces.

Karl Evans