New
Find
Notify
Tools

What SCI did...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The woods bison has been extinct in Alaska for over 200 years. Last year, SCI finished up a 3 year project to construct an acclimation facility, built a hay barn, and paid to relocate 53 head from Canada. This week the herd made the trip and are now US citizens (naturalized).

That's just one of the seven projects finished that were on my weekly Email update.

So there!

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
The woods bison has been extinct in Alaska for over 200 years. Last year, SCI finished up a 3 year project to construct an acclimation facility, built a hay barn, and paid to relocate 53 head from Canada. This week the herd made the trip and are now US citizens (naturalized).

That's just one of the seven projects finished that were on my weekly Email update.

So there!

Rich
Buff Killer

I don't understand what that news has to do with Africa? Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
because the general tone has been bashing SCI (I for International) on this forum, and not confined to what are they doing in Africa. They have ongoing projects in several African countries.

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
because the general tone has been bashing SCI (I for International) on this forum, and not confined to what are they doing in Africa. They have ongoing projects in several African countries.

Rich
Buff Killer

Rich,

I was referring to the fact that this is the African hunting forum and not the American hunting forum......... but if they have several ongoing projects in several African countries, can I ask what projects in which African countries? rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
horse
homer
fishing im going fishing instead...

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho Sharpshooter
I may be incorrect but I believe the woods bison were never "extinct" there has been a herd in the farewell burn as long as I can remember.
Chipolopolo

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SCI should plant a herd of Bison in Africa...now it's an African topic... Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:
SCI should plant a herd of Bison in Africa...now it's an African topic... Big Grin

They will make lovely coats for the local population

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Of course, you know the difference between a buffalo and a bison don't you?

You can't wash your hands in a buffalo! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can't wash your hands in a buffalo!

Making your own grog again Steve...?? Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
You can't beat the old 'uns huh!

Which reminds me, you know the difference between an egg and a BJ?

You can beat an egg.... Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
You can't beat the old 'uns huh!

Which reminds me, you know the difference between an egg and a BJ?

You can beat an egg.... Wink

Must be the African Summer ... rotflmo

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Yup! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boring.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DOJ,

pretty tame compared to what we hear goes on at the annual Punxatawney Phil Day parties, eh?

Rich
In Idaho we kill every Rockchuck (groundhogs to you easterners) we see.