New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safari near Hoedspruit
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I’m going to be based in Hoedspruit, South Africa for a week with my family in July 2019. I like the idea of a one or two day hunt somewhere nearby. Can anyone please recommend a Safari hunt that might work? Happy to hunt just one animal and the antelope species would be my preferred target.
Thanks.

Posts: 70 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 19 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kallie404
posted Hide Post
Good day, you cant go wrong with Wayne Wagner Safaris based near Hoedspruit. Watsapp Ian Brown on +27828251007.

Posts: 109 | Location: Mooketsi& Phalaborwa Limpopo Province RSA | Registered: 13 August 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Second recommendation for Wayne Wagner. I hunted with Ian in 2010 and would gladly do so again.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendation!

Posts: 70 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 19 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get hold of Jan Dumon who posts here on AR. He is headquartered at Hoedspruit and has some fine hunts.

The town itself is interesting, too with a good restaurant, the Hat and Creek (which is what Hoedspruit means in Afrikaans) and some interesting art galleries and a nice mall with some antique cars and reproductions south of town.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of spear
posted Hide Post
I am also based near Hoedspruit, Spear safaris.
I will be glad to help you on one of my areas, I have 25 000 acres about 1 hour from Hoedspruit that may be of interest of you. Email would be best info@spearsafaris.com

Posts: 78 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would go to Klaserie or Timbavati. I believe they both also hunt their respective areas. Always nice to support those who support hunting Smiler

Posts: 1091 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spear:
I am also based near Hoedspruit, Spear safaris.
I will be glad to help you on one of my areas, I have 25 000 acres about 1 hour from Hoedspruit that may be of interest of you. Email would be best info@spearsafaris.com

I can vouch for the quality of hunting that Ernest Dyason provides near Hoedspruit. My son shot a fantastic kudu with him, while I took a nice nyala in just a few days of hunting tacked onto the back-end of a family vacation.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote