Tools

snakes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lane,

You say it is not derogatory but then again you are not Mexican.

Fairgame,
Let me put into perspective this way.

Your right-hand man is Greene right? Never met him...but I bet he is black.

Now...I have 2 right-hand men...both of which were sitting in my office when I typed the above message.

There names...Carlos & Rafael!!! Wink

You telling me what is derogatory in Texas regarding Mexicans...would be like me telling you what is derogatory in Zambia about blacks!!!

Slowly...slowly catch the monkey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37892 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2
as always Lane cut nicely to the point. people from different areas think differently about what is politically correct speech. my friends in Kenya see nothing wrong with the word you can't say here with out taking a load of crap about it. you NO the amazing N word. in other parts of africa you are rude it you use the same word.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Lane,

Fairgame,

Now...I have 2 right-hand men...both of which were sitting in my office when I typed the above message.

You telling me what is derogatory in Texas regarding Mexicans...would be like me telling you what is derogatory in Zambia about blacks!!!

OK, OK and I get your drift.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9982 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
quote:
Lane,

Fairgame,

OK, OK and I get your drift.

Smiler beer Smiler

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37892 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
David Crockett looked at Jim Bowie an said " Jim you order some concret?" Youall lighten up we all hate ,love meskins bettern niggers they will at least work. The girls are perty too.

Posts: 307 | Location: Dye Mound , Texas | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
This was an interesting thread that unfortunately - but necessarily - was taken on a tangent when Fairgame rightly said he had a problem with Catosilvaje's signature line ("Travis said will you cross this line? I replied ''Can I shoot a lot of Meskins''? All you want son all you want. I'm crossin' Sir.") It takes guts to go up against the crowd and point out a wrong, and I admired him for challenging Catosilvaje. Remarkably, what followed was Lane's attempt at malevolent oneupmanship:

quote:
Heck...we need somebody to make the same statement today and sit down on the border. ... And after watching first-hand what is going on in the border-towns right now...I am ready to shoot some... Cool

Hoping this kind of moronic commentary would end with Lane's heroic offer, I held back comment. That is until Catosilvaje, undoubtedly emboldened by no further protest, wrote this:

quote:
Originally posted by catosilvaje:
David Crockett looked at Jim Bowie an said "Jim you order some concret?" You all lighten up we all hate, love meskins bettern niggers they will at least work. The girls are perty too.

Folks, there may be a lot of problems in the US right now, but the solution is not to reach back to imaginary 'good old days' when racial and ethnic slurs, taunts, and threats were simply shrugged off. Not only is it wrong, but by de-humanizing minorities, it becomes easier for some to justify acting out on those threats - as happened in the past. It's not a matter of being politically correct, it's about being a civilized person.

Accurate Reloading is a racially and ethnically diverse community that I am proud to be a part. However, divisive and poisonous remarks like these can quickly transform AR into a hostile and unwelcome environment for not only those members who are targeted by hateful language, but also those of us who do not wish to associate with bigotry.

Sorry, but if I hadn't posted this, I wouldn't have been able to sleep tonight.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Kim,

Would not loose any sleep over it. Just proves that some snakes are indeed poisonous.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how this snake tale got so twisted but I would like to state that I have known many very nice black men and women, they were not niggers. The same with mexicians, they are not meskins, and a boat load of whites that should have been drowned at birth. When the meskin army left the Alamo to further rape Texas they were 2500 short of what they came with. Those boys killed a lot of meskins. So there does that help straiten out the snake?

Posts: 307 | Location: Dye Mound , Texas | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know how this snake tale got so twisted but I would like to state that I have known many very nice black men and women, they were not niggers. The same with mexicians, they are not meskins, and a boat load of whites that should have been drowned at birth. When the meskin army left the Alamo to further rape Texas they were 2500 short of what they came with. Those boys killed a lot of meskins. So there does that help straiten out the snake?

Flip me what hill did you come from billy?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
David Crockett looked at Jim Bowie an said "Jim you order some concret?" You all lighten up we all hate, love meskins bettern niggers they will at least work. The girls are perty too.

That anyone would post this is surreal. Now you include another ethnic group, blacks, in your insults and attribute, falsely, another false racist comment to a long-dead Texas hero.

Please, cease and desist.

With this and my earlier post, I've said all I can. I know nothing about African snakes and leave this thread to those, such as Fairgame, who know these snakes all too well.

I'm out of here. Good luck to those who stay on this thread.

Posts: 150 | Location: Blanco Co., TX | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's not a matter of being politically correct, it's about being a civilized person.

Not to stir the pot... stir.

But...I hate the term politically correct. I strive to NEVER be politically correct but to be honest, open, and direct.

And...as many on here know me in person...they can testify that I am not civilized and opt for a time in the U.S. when its citizenry was less so as well. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KPete:
This was an interesting thread that unfortunately - but necessarily - was taken on a tangent when Fairgame rightly said he had a problem with Catosilvaje's signature line ("Travis said will you cross this line? I replied ''Can I shoot a lot of Meskins''? All you want son all you want. I'm crossin' Sir.") It takes guts to go up against the crowd and point out a wrong, and I admired him for challenging Catosilvaje. Remarkably, what followed was Lane's attempt at malevolent oneupmanship:

quote:
Heck...we need somebody to make the same statement today and sit down on the border. ... And after watching first-hand what is going on in the border-towns right now...I am ready to shoot some... Cool

Hoping this kind of moronic commentary would end with Lane's heroic offer, I held back comment. That is until Catosilvaje, undoubtedly emboldened by no further protest, wrote this:

quote:

Folks, there may be a lot of problems in the US right now, but the solution is not to reach back to imaginary 'good old days' when racial and ethnic slurs, taunts, and threats were simply shrugged off. Not only is it wrong, but by de-humanizing minorities, it becomes easier for some to justify acting out on those threats - as happened in the past. It's not a matter of being politically correct, it's about being a civilized person.

Accurate Reloading is a racially and ethnically diverse community that I am proud to be a part. However, divisive and poisonous remarks like these can quickly transform AR into a hostile and unwelcome environment for not only those members who are targeted by hateful language, but also those of us who do not wish to associate with bigotry.

+1

Well said sir.

Farigame, it is a matter of some comfort to me that the same sort of folk who would use the word "meskin" seem to refer to them selves as "merkins".

Apt, no? Big Grin

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It's not a matter of being politically correct, it's about being a civilized person.

Not to stir the pot... stir.

But...I hate the term politically correct. I strive to NEVER be politically correct but to be honest, open, and direct.

And...as many on here know me in person...they can testify that I am not civilized and opt for a time in the U.S. when its citizenry was less so as well. Wink

I suspect that your idea of uncivilised and the actuality of the same differ wildly.

Belching and likeing hunting does not make a man uncivilised, not knowing how to comport oneself in company, the root of civilisation after all, does.

These comments are not aimed specifically at you but I find it curious that you harken for a time before penicillin.....

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:
quote:
Originally posted by KPete:

quote:

quote:

+1

Well said sir.

Farigame, it is a matter of some comfort to me that the same sort of folk who would use the word "meskin" seem to refer to them selves as "merkins".

Apt, no? Big Grin

Remember Guber...oops I meant Ghubert,

My and at least 50% of the citizenry of the United States of America's beliefs are why we are the U.S. of A. and NOT part of the British commonwealth. A fact of which I a m very proud. Smiler

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
I see.

No further questions......

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
One more thing...

If you speak honestly with the majority of Southern Rhodesisans...they will tell you their biggest mistake was to not follow in U.S.A. footsteps and opt out of the British Commonwealth much earlier when their opponents were not so strong and well funded and...when the U.S.A was not so politically correct.

Southern Rhodesians...as the old saying goes...were more British than the Brits and remained loyal to the Crown...much to their demise. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Fairgame,

I can't speak for you Northern Rhodesians. bewildered

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Gosh!!! Much snaken in the grass? bewildered Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
quote:
I strive to NEVER be politically correct but to be honest, open, and direct. And...as many on here know me in person...they can testify that I am not civilized and opt for a time in the U.S. when its citizenry was less so as well. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by catosilvage:
I don't know how this snake tale got so twisted but I would like to state that I have known many very nice black men and women, they were not niggers.

Congratulations, Lane. If your goal is to behave in an uncivilized fashion your recent posts have ensured your success. Being "honest, open, and direct" is no virtue when you feel that gives you license to say demeaning, bigoted, and hurtful statements for everyone on this forum to witness.

As for your kindred spirit in all of this, Catosilvage seems more a demented caricature than a real person; I have to wonder if he isn't a plant by the anti-hunters to perpetuate the worst stereotypes of hunters as being ignorant, racist rednecks who, when they're not wearing camouflage, are probably wearing sheets.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Kim,

quote:
Congratulations, Lane. If your goal is to behave in an uncivilized fashion your recent posts have ensured your success.

tu2

Being "honest, open, and direct" is no virtue when you feel that gives you license to say demeaning, bigoted, and hurtful statements

I challenge you to point out my "demeaning, bigoted, and hurtful statements". bewildered

for everyone on this forum to witness.

Sir...I have nothing to hide. That is why I sign all my posts with my real full name. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
killpc

Regards,

Guber...Ghubert.

quote:
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:
killpc

Regards,

Guber...Ghubert.

quote:
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think.

Actually...and maybe for different reasons...thtat is a good post. tu2

And I share the killpc feelings sir!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
P.S. I was just gigging you a little with the Guber post...I am sorry!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Sir,

Then why, pray, do you continue to profess to revel in what others are telling you is not quite gentlemanly behaviour?

I made it clear that my post was not aimed specifically at you yet you decide that a wholly appropriate response would be some sort infantile gobber-ghubert nonsense?

Further or in the alternative consider the irony of celebrating being some-one else's definition of being uncivil, whilst maintaining that such deportment is in fact wholly acceptable because the people to whom you refer are not your definition of civilised!

I might gently suggest that my frustration is then in some small way justified.

Consider that whilst not all people in the world are quite as enthusiastic about shooting other human beings as perhaps you and cat-thing are.

Consider further that their expressing this view is not tantamount to an attack on Western Civilisation, it' called expressing an opinion and altogether harmless on a discussion forum.

My apologies if this missive comes across as a trifle exasperated, but you must understand I have experienced civil debate and am quite fond of it.

You must appreciate that there are folk on this forum for whom it is the height of sophistication and wit to abuse the site's owner whilst enjoying the benefits of his hospitality; such folk also revel in similar satisfactions as you profess above. It is perhaps not your intention to throw your intellectual lot in with them is it mate?

Yours,

GH

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
P.S. I was just gigging you a little with the Guber post...I am sorry!

I posted the preceding before seeing this.

No offence taken and pay it no heed, there is no such item of idiom as a goober or guber or whatever in the lexicon of the land of the Queen's English in any event.

It's like printing a clever pun on a duty-free bag, pleasing for the author but utterly meaningless to the intended target.

beer

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Sir,

If you are a steward of history...you will see that civilty has always been the downfall of every civilization.

See my above post...I told you we had different reasons!

Again...I was just having a small joke at your expense with the Guber comment. My apology again.

I am perplexed as to the fact that the Queen's English has not evolved to include the term "guber or goober" however. rotflmo

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
why apologizes Lane we all know you been around horse's ass's so long you some time sound like one jumping jumping jumping
ya I know it was a cheap shot but I had to take it and I owe you a drink in Dallas this yr for it Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
why apologizes Lane we all know you been around horse's ass's so long you some time sound like one jumping jumping jumping
ya I know it was a cheap shot but I had to take it and I owe you a drink in Dallas this yr for it Big Grin

It is either or .

Sometimes being a will get you .

So...I opt for .

And say... ???
One of the Top Ten Presidents the U.S.A. ever had and a fellow Texan!!!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
jumping jumping jumping

shocker Dam that jaw looked painful.I bet you did not talk back to her Again rotflmo shocker

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The funny thing is...none of those pics bear any resemblance to a SNAKE! shocker

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Kpete & Ghulbert,

I chalenge either of you guys to take your families and travel to Laredo, TX and spend a week. Let your kids play on the sidewalks at night while you stroll down the streets.

Me and my family did when I was a kid...but...it was a much less civilized time! Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you need more gin and tonic then they will look like anything you want them too rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
I think it's perhaps time to call it a night gentlemen. tu2

Good evening.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
My apologies if this missive comes across as a trifle exasperated, but you must understand I have experienced civil debate and am quite fond of it.

BTW...no apology necessary sir...like you...civil debate tickles me plumb to death. hilbily

Waiting to resume...

BTW again...was pondering...is cat-thing in the Queen's dictionary?

Now...I am off to search my files for a picture of a snake. salute

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
OK found the dreaded snake I was looking for. You can't beleive what a ruckus this snake can cause at my house. Screams can be heard for miles: "where's my snake!!!"

Shew...I shudder to look at it!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In reply to Yankeepete. Iknow I'm not a real hunter like you killin' all those buffalo an elephants, but I did just get back from 30 days in Namibia hunting plains game. Got eight head and am going back in December at the request of the PH to spend Christmas with the family. Although I thought I shot a demented caricature found out it was just a baboon in a blue jumpsuit, will make a nice full mount. Heard the word nigger over there more times from different whites than I have heard in Texas in ten years. Since it was Holy Africa I recon it was OK. So Mr. Pete don't get your panties in a wad. I don't own any camouflage, my sheets are still on the bed and the only thing I'm a planter of is Sudan. Tim Plumlee , Dye Moumd Texas near the Head of Elm ( Saint Jo )

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Lane,

Fairgame,

Lane did you check those boys papers or just give them a towel Big Grin shocker shocker
I heard yesterday that Illegal immigrant was now the new @ word and we are not supported to say Illegal immigrant any more it might hurt someones feeling shocker I for one don't mind hurting a criminals feelings shocker

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
No...your buddy Bill dried them off for me. He found time while Monica went to ENT specialist.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please do not mention slick willy and me in the same breath I voted against that scumbag every time. and I think(white stain) Monicer animal went to a vet for her check ups did she not!!!!!!!!!!!! jumping

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
BTW...a Santa Anna quote: "No quarter to Texans...all will be put to the sword!"

J. Lane Easter, DVM