THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Dynamit Nobel/RWS V Mantel (VM) Solids

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dynamit Nobel/RWS V Mantel (VM) Solids
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
Any experience with these solids on African game?

Mike

Posts: 21662 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Surprised that no PHs have run into these bullets with their European clients.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
/

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I would personally AVOID using any of the RWS made bullets, wether they are factory loaded or handloaded.

I have cut up all the different kinds I could fine, and all of them seem to have paper thin jackets.

They might produce spectacular results sometimes, but, I can assure you they will produce even more spectacular failures too.

With what bullets we have available on the market now, there is absolutely excuse to use these whatsoever.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68613 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a practice round. Thanks for the feedback.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that RWS uses Woodleigh Bullets for as solids at least for the bigger caliber 9.3 and up these days. So these solids should be fine

The older RWS Solids are silver colored and did performed ok for me in the 9.3x64 but I know people have been complaining about them.

I can’t say the same about the softs, particular if pushed to fast.

Cheers

Posts: 395 | Location: Mozambique | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everyone has an opinion. I used RWS H-Mantle 256 grain 9.3mm bullets in a 9.3x62mm Mauser back in May, 2007, for three straight one shot spat down kills, Nyala at 25 yards, Waterbuck at 200 and Impala at 125 yards. Seemed to work well for me. I'll run out of those H-Mantles on my next hunt and will then switch to Nosler Accubonds. I'll continue to use 156 gr 6.5mm RWS H-mantles in the 6.5x54mm until I die. It is the best bullet I have found in the old Mannlicher, then it is a rather specialized load that just takes down deer size targets day after day. Have a similar experience with the H-Mantle and TIG in 7x64mm.

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote