THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    The Biggest Threat to African Wildlife - And Everything Else on Earth

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Biggest Threat to African Wildlife - And Everything Else on Earth
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted
8 Billion People!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I really think we should limit births.

2 a family.

That is it.

Only reasonable way to do it.

Sad part is so many unmarried young women in the West breed like rabbits.

Read a story the other day an unemployed idiot, 28 years old, has 18 children from 8 women.

All on social sec.

Another one was a young woman with several children from several fathers.

Again, for child support money from the government.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't disagree, although I do flinch at the notion of direct, governmental population control.

On the other hand, governmental refusal to support more than two kids per family with taxpayers' money may achieve the same result indirectly, at least in some countries.

As a general matter, the West's population is growing far more slowly than the populations of Asia and Africa.

The UN projects that, by the end of this century, more than 80% of the people in the entire world will live in Asia and Africa!

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really think we should limit births.

2 a family.

That is it.

So sorry my good friend, but I must respectfully disagree. That sounds exactly like the Chinese mandate where back in 1980 the Chinese Communist government limited births to one per family and enshrined that mandate in the so-called Chinese 'constitution'. Years later they subsequently upped it to two per family and currently it stands at three per family.(Apparently not enough slave labor was being created under the prior mandates) I have five children and 12 grandchildren. I wouldn't give up a single, solitary one. The adult children are all positive contributors to society and support their families. No handouts, no drugs, etc. etc. Upstanding citizens. Preach your doctrine to the world's miscreants and PAY THEM not to have any children. Big Grin rotflmo As to the LBGTQ crowd, well....we really don't have to worry about procreation concerns with a vast majority of them and they're doing their part, and those that support abortion are also doing their part and their level best to rein in the population. And then there's disease, calamities. . . . . Then there's, at least for us, the U.S. Constitution and its guarantees which speak to the issues of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, to Freedom of Religion, etc. etc. etc. which can all affect the decisions that one makes about family. Finally, there's the old testament commandment from God to Adam and Eve and all of the patriarchs, including Abraham, to multiply and replenish the earth. . . . And, there you have it. Big Grin One last question my good friend: If that had been a mandate in your country 71 or 72 years ago, where would you be? rotflmo Where do you fall in the pecking order with your brothers? clap I'm the firstborn. . . . rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We definitely need to do something about population control. Most of the ideas strike a negative chord with someone, so I won't offer any of mine.

I'm not sure how you enforce a two child limit in Africa, or some other places in the world. Would that be per man, or per wife?. And given the limited survival rate, do they get another child when one child, or several, dies? Again, I think it's a great idea and warrants discussion. I just think this is a difficult problem and everyone will scream racism, genocide, or religious persecution regardless of what rational proposal is made.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I read once that the projected carrying capacity of the earth maxed out at 10 billion. Of course like many of those things…no one knows.

It is definitely noticeable now. Generations before mine in my part of the world couldn’t really tell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
We definitely need to do something about population control. Most of the ideas strike a negative chord with someone, so I won't offer any of mine.

I'm not sure how you enforce a two child limit in Africa, or some other places in the world. Would that be per man, or per wife?. And given the limited survival rate, do they get another child when one child, or several, dies? Again, I think it's a great idea and warrants discussion. I just think this is a difficult problem and everyone will scream racism, genocide, or religious persecution regardless of what rational proposal is made.

In animal populations…diseases usually do the trick. But in our world we freaked out over COVID. People like Bill Gates are trying stop malaria. AIDs in Africa has been reduced to a dull roar with free antivirals.

Pretty soon…smart people are gonna have to figure out you can’t save everyone.

Or…the world will cease to exist as we knew it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Gates cures malaria, we're all doomed.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
May be we should encourage gay marriage!

Lots of bedtime activities, no babies! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Birth control in the water systems of third world countries. The problem in Africa seems to be way too many people. They are surviving to adulthood much more than 50 years ago. They are still breeding like there is no tomorrow. This is similar to most, if not all, third world countries.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1263 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Well, one thing is certain…

Damned few of us here on AR, if any at all, will still be living when this very real problem reaches the tipping point.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incentivized, profiled birth control, now I can never run for office Wink

Posts: 1094 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2.8 billion people on the planet in the year I was born.

8 billion now.

Habitat for every species but us is shrinking in direct proportion to that population growth.

Legal, regulated hunting is NOT the problem!

Not even close.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
God did say " be fruitful and multiply" but he also said be good stewards while your doing it.

Posts: 513 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sad part is so many unmarried young women in the West breed like rabbits.

Read a story the other day an unemployed idiot, 28 years old, has 18 children from 8 women.

All on social sec.

Saeed, You have been reading the Daily Mail again! Trouble is you believe all the stories an bull that they report! You need to start reading a quality newspaper! jumping

Looking at the actual quoted article, when I grew up in Lagos in the late 70s early 80s there were 4 million people living in the capital (as it was then). Today it is close to 20 m and not the reported 15 m. Interestingly 1 in 5 blacks in the world is Nigerian !

Fact is the world is heading to 10 billion and there is little that govts can / will do to stop it!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote